- 1 level teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 level teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 1 level teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 level teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/4 level teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 level teaspoon ground mace
- 1 leaf bayleaf, finely crumbled
- Sm bunch parsley
- 1/2 portion onion large
- 40 g Celery
- 40 g capsicum, red or green
- 65 g olive oil
- 45 g flour
- 1 level tablespoon Thermomix Vegetable Stock Paste
- 370 g water
- 1 can tomatoes, 400g, chopped
- 1-2 level teaspoons Creole Spice
- 1 level teaspoon salt, fine
- 550 g chicken thighs cubed, 2cm
- 900 g water
- 400 g rice, Long or medium grain
In a small bowl, combine all Creole Spice ingredients; set aside.
Note: I make this Chicken Étouffée recipe so often, I usually make up the Creole Spice Recipe x 10 and keep in a spice jar, so it’s always ready to use.
Chop handful of Parsley 2-3 seconds, speed 6. Set aside.
Place the Onion, Celery and Capsicum in the TM bowl and chop 2-3 seconds on speed 4.
Add to TM bowl Olive Oil and Flour and sauté 5 minutes at 100°C using Reverse + speed 1.
Add stock, can of chopped Tomatoes, Creole Spice salt, cubed Chicken and water and cook for 15 - 20 minutes, 100°C using Reverse + speed soft.
Pour into ThermoServer to rest and stir in Parsley.
Add Water and Creole Spice into TM bowl.
Insert basket with Rice and cook for 13-16 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 4.
Remove basket with aid of spatula.
Serve Rice with Étouffée into soup bowls.
Long Grain Rice
A hearty Cajun stew using the étouffée (“smothered”) cooking method. This is a delicious and rich recipe from New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.A. made with a chicken, vegetables and spices.
I make this Chicken étouffée recipe so often, I usually make up the Creole Spice Recipe x 10 and keep in a spice jar, so it’s always ready to use.
Converted from The Junior League of Denver’s Crème de Colorado Cookbook ©1987
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Mustard and chive chicken
- Clean Thai Beef Salad with Brown Rice
- Sous Vide Rib
- Padang Style Chicken Curry Recipe
- Curried Sausages
- Slow cooked Curried Sausages - with hidden veggies
- Variation Kid-friendly pearl couscous bolognese for Mum and baby
- Thai Chicken or Fish Patties
- Slow Cooked Silverside/Corned Beef
- Baked lemon & chicken rissoto
- Yummo meatballs & sauce - oven cooked
- Chorizo Risotto
- Courgette Flan
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- The Best Cinnamon Scrolls you'll ever eat!
- Pasta Arrabiata (all-in-one)
- Roasted Jalapeno / Jalapeño and Chicken Soup
- Roasted Jalapeño / Jalapeno Soup
- Variation Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- Whole bitter/lemon bundt cake
- Dairy free creamy broccoli soup
- Noodle Soup Recipe