- 40 g Butter, plus extra for greasing
- 350 g cooked chicken
- 4-5 spring onion, approx. 60 g), white part only, cut into halves
- 100 g Celery, cut into pieces
- 100 g carrot, cut into pieces
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only, plus extra if desired
- 0.5 tbsp chicken stock paste
- 20 g plain flour
- 450 g Milk, plus extra for brushing
- 100 g double cream
- 80 g frozen peas and corn mix
- 1 sheet Puff pastry, thawed
Preheat oven to 200oC. Grease a casserole dish (approx. 26 x 18 cm) and set aside.
Place cooked chicken into mixing bowl and shred 3 sec//speed 4. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
Place spring onion, butter, celery, carrot and thyme into mixing bowl and chop 8 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl then cook 5 min/Varoma/.
Add stock paste, flour, 250 g of the milk and cream and cook 4 min/90oC//speed 1.
Add reserved shredded cooked chicken, frozen peas and corn and remaining 200 g of the milk and cook a further 3 min/90oC//speed 1.
Transfer chicken mixture into prepared casserole dish and set aside to cool slightly.
Cut puff pastry into 8 equal strips. Weave puff pastry strips to make a lattice pattern then layer over chicken mixture. Brush with milk then cook approx. 40 minutes (200oC) or until lightly golden.
I found myself with leftover cooked chicken so adapted this recipe //lovelylittlekitchen.com/chicken-pot-pie/.
Change up the veg to suit - too easy. And hopefully child friendly for you as well.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Leberkäse (Bavarian meat loaf)
- BBQ Chicken & Sweet Potato Meatloaf with Cheesy Centre
- Thai Chicken Burgers
- Traditional Chicken Cacciatore
- Ebony’s Butter Chicken
- Turkey and Ricotta Cannelloni with vegetable sauce
- No-Mac Chicken Nuggets with Sweet 'N' Sour sauce
- Steamed chicken quinoa vegetable soup
- Butter Chicken with steamed vegetables
- Sweet and Sour Pork Ribs 上海糖醋排骨
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken (keto friendly)
- Kristy’s chicken parmy sauce
- Thai pork with eggplant
- Creamy Chicken Macaroni
- Gluten free zucchini slice
- Frozen Choc Bliss Bar
- Mascarpone and Herb Tart with Roasted Capsicum
- Roast Pumpkin with Fruity Rice
- Lemon Chicken Stirfry
- Donna Hay's Ultimate One Bowl Chocolate Dessert Cake
- Walnut, Feta and Quinoa Salad
- A Quiche for Cheats
- Two Tone (Chocolate/Hazelnut) Christmas Shortbread
- Creamy Chicken, Pasta & Asparagus Casserole
- CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
- PASSIONFRUIT CHEESECAKE SLICE
- Lentil chocolate chip cookies - gluten free
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Honey Jumble Cake
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Tear and share brie, garlic + herb bread wreath
- Sweet Potato Salad with honey mustard dressing
- Tim Tam tarts (or cheesecake)
- Thai Chicken Burgers
- Swirl Layered Mooncake