- 500 g chicken tenders or sliced breast
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 0.5 tsp Ground Coriander
- 0.5 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red chilli (optional - to taste)
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 800 g Tinned Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 400 g tin beans (3 bean mix or kidney beans)
- 100 g tasty / cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1-2 avocadoes, mashed
- Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1 packet tortillas
1. Grease a deep-sided pie dish or grease & line a springform cake pan before setting it on a tray. Set aside.
2. Either fork-mash your avocado if very ripe or add to TM bowl 3 sec / sp 7. Set aside. Wash & dry TM bowl.
3. Place cheese into TM bowl & grate 8 sec / sp 9. Set aside. Wash & dry TM bowl.
4. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
5. In a small ramekin, combine the paprika, pepper, coriander & cumin. Coat chicken with mixture than place into Varoma tray (& dish if it doesn't all fit on the tray without overlapping). Set aside while you make salsa.
1. Place garlic & onion (& chilli) into TM bowl & chop 3 sec / sp 7. Add carrot & chop 4 sec / sp 6.
2. Add tomatoes & sugar. Put lid on TM bowl then position Varoma containing the chicken on top of lid (MC removed).
3. Cook 15 mins / Varoma / sp 2.
4. Add beans and cook 5 mins / / Varoma / sp 2.
5. Check the chicken is cooked through - if not, give an additonal 5 mins at Varoma temp. When cooked, set the varoma aside on its inverted lid (to prevent drips) while you decant the salsa into a separate jug or bowl.
6. Place the chicken into the TM bowl (no need to wash it, unless you want to) and shred 3 sec / / sp 6.
1. Place a tortilla in the bottom of the dish then build your stack alternating layers of salsa, chicken, avocado, baby spinach etc with a tortilla in between each layer.
2. Top with the grated cheese then bake 15 mins at 180 degrees in the oven, or until the cheese is melted & golden.
Salsa & Chicken
Get as creative as you like by adding additional layers to suit your family's taste. Omit the chicken for a vegetarian dish & try layers of sliced mushrooms or left-over roasted veges or pesto.
Kids love to get involved building the layers - and they're more likely to eat what they have helped to prepare!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Portuguese Tarts - with lemon infusion
- Jaffa Bliss Balls
- Variation of Savoury Scrolls with Pumpkin Dough
- Super Simple Coconut Loaf
- Tomato Quinoa Soup
- Baked Peach Torte
- Chocolate Heaven (Brownies with Raspberries)
- Spicy Coconut Apple Twists
- Avocado Mayonnaise
- Jaffa Fudge Cake
- Pumpkin Scone Wedge
- Healthy Chocolate Brownies (with carrot & spinach - shh!)
- Eggless edible cookie dough
- Delectable Millionaire’s Shortbread (Caramel Slice)
- Meringue Cupcakes "skuimpies"
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Creamy Bacon & Pesto Pasta Sauce
- CRUMBLE CAKE WITH CUSTARD AND FRUIT (STREUSELKUCHEN)
- My Grandma`s Cheese Cake
- Creamy Leche Flan
- Sugar Cookie Dough
- Genovese pasta
- Soph’s banana cake