- 3 cm piece of ginger, peeled
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 1 chilli
- 1 Medium Capsicum, chopped
- 50 gram oil
- 1.5 tsp paprika
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 1.5 tsp tumeric
- 200 gram pumpkin, peeled and chopped in 2cm pieces
- 500 gram chicken (breast or thigh), cut into 3cm pieces
- 200 gram baby eggplant, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp fish sauce
- 400g can coconut cream
- 200 gram peas
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place ginger in TM bowl - chop 5 sec / spd 7
2. Add garlic, onion, chilli and capsicum - chop 3 sec / spd 7
3. Scrape down sides of the bowl
4. Add oil and dry spices - saute 5 min / Varoma / spd 1
5. Add pumpkin, chicken, eggplant and sugar - cook 5 min / Varoma / / Spd 1 or . Leave the MC off.
6. Add soy sauce, fish sauce and coconut cream - cook 15 min / 100C / / Spd 1 or . Leave the MC off.
7. Check that pumpkin is cooked to your liking, if not, cook for another 2-5 min / 100C / / Spd 1 or . Leave the MC off.
8. In the last minute add 150g peas through the hole in the lid.
9. Let the curry rest for 10 minutes (or so) before serving. Use this time to cook the rice.
Accessories you need
Use any vegetables that you like, simply cut them small enough to cook in 15-20minutes.
Add some roughly chopped almonds or cashews when serving for a little extra crunch!
Serve with greek yoghurt on top.
Use less chili or no chili if you prefer.
Make this a vegetarian meal by swapping out the chicken for a combination of vegetables.
We cooked up 200g of rice & that was enough for 5 servings.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Leberkäse (Bavarian meat loaf)
- BBQ Chicken & Sweet Potato Meatloaf with Cheesy Centre
- Thai Chicken Burgers
- Traditional Chicken Cacciatore
- Ebony’s Butter Chicken
- Turkey and Ricotta Cannelloni with vegetable sauce
- No-Mac Chicken Nuggets with Sweet 'N' Sour sauce
- Steamed chicken quinoa vegetable soup
- Butter Chicken with steamed vegetables
- Sweet and Sour Pork Ribs 上海糖醋排骨
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken (keto friendly)
- Kristy’s chicken parmy sauce
- American Breakfast Pancakes (Nigella Lawson)
- Cheesy Quinoa Zucchini Slice
- Saving Citrus
- Roast Pumpkin & Garlic Hommus
- Deluxe Carrot Cake
- Banana, Fig & Almond Bread
- Strawberries & Cream Fudge
- Raspberry & Coconut Macaroons
- Super Creamy Raspberry Sorbet
- Sneaky Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Frosting
- Campfire Hot Chocolate
- All-In-One Salmon Dinner with Coconut Sauce
- Infant/toddler beef and veggie casserole
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Coconut and Cashew Butter
- Nutella Cookies
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- Honey Jumble Cake
- LS Spelt Bread
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Leberkäse (Bavarian meat loaf)
- ❤Zucchini Slice❤
- ❤Spinach & fetta and pull-apart bread❤