- 3 cm piece of ginger, peeled
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 1 chilli
- 1 Medium Capsicum, chopped
- 50 gram oil
- 1.5 tsp paprika
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 1.5 tsp tumeric
- 200 gram pumpkin, peeled and chopped in 2cm pieces
- 500 gram chicken (breast or thigh), cut into 3cm pieces
- 200 gram baby eggplant, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp fish sauce
- 400g can coconut cream
- 200 gram peas
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place ginger in TM bowl - chop 5 sec / spd 7
2. Add garlic, onion, chilli and capsicum - chop 3 sec / spd 7
3. Scrape down sides of the bowl
4. Add oil and dry spices - saute 5 min / Varoma / spd 1
5. Add pumpkin, chicken, eggplant and sugar - cook 5 min / Varoma / "Counter-clockwise operation" / Spd 1 or "Gentle stir setting" . Leave the MC off.
6. Add soy sauce, fish sauce and coconut cream - cook 15 min / 100C / "Counter-clockwise operation" / Spd 1 or "Gentle stir setting" . Leave the MC off.
7. Check that pumpkin is cooked to your liking, if not, cook for another 2-5 min / 100C / "Counter-clockwise operation" / Spd 1 or "Gentle stir setting" . Leave the MC off.
8. In the last minute add 150g peas through the hole in the lid.
9. Let the curry rest for 10 minutes (or so) before serving. Use this time to cook the rice.
Accessories you need
Use any vegetables that you like, simply cut them small enough to cook in 15-20minutes.
Add some roughly chopped almonds or cashews when serving for a little extra crunch!
Serve with greek yoghurt on top.
Use less chili or no chili if you prefer.
Make this a vegetarian meal by swapping out the chicken for a combination of vegetables.
We cooked up 200g of rice & that was enough for 5 servings.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- American Breakfast Pancakes (Nigella Lawson)
- Cheesy Quinoa Zucchini Slice
- Saving Citrus
- Roast Pumpkin & Garlic Hommus
- Deluxe Carrot Cake
- Banana, Fig & Almond Bread
- Strawberries & Cream Fudge
- Raspberry & Coconut Macaroons
- Super Creamy Raspberry Sorbet
- Sneaky Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Frosting
- Campfire Hot Chocolate
- All-In-One Salmon Dinner with Coconut Sauce
- Orange drizzle cake
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Apple & Walnut Muffins - Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Cheesecake (with dairy free option)
- Pork Pot Stickers
- Gluten Free Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding - RPAH/Failsafe Friendly
- Anzac Slice - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Soft bread rolls (Bosnian Kifle)
- Chicken rice paste