- 500 g cooked sausages cut into 2 cm pieces, leftovers from the BBQ are perfect
- 60 g Butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil, or ricebran
- 1 large onion
- 1 green apple
- 1 tbsp Keens Curry Powder
- 2 heaped tbsp TM stock, veggie or beef NOTE: my stock has only half the salt so if yours has the full amount you may want to halve the amount of stock
- 1.5 tbsp cornflour, dissolved in water
- 500 g water
- 1 tbsp white vinegar, if cooking sausages as part of the dish
- 1 dash salt, to taste
- 2 large potatoes, cubed (small)
- 400 g basmati rice, washed
- Cut Veggies to steam, beans, broccoli, carrots
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
If you haven't got any leftover sausages to use you can cook them first in the Thermomix as follows -
prick sausages and place in TM basket.
Cover with water and add 1 tbsp of white vinegar (optional). Cook 10mins/100 degrees/speed 2.
Chop onion and apple 3sec/speed 7.
Add curry powder, butter and oil and saute 2mins/varoma/speed 1.
Add stock and water and bring to boil 5mins/varoma/speed 2.
Add sausages, cubed potatoes and cornflour (disolved in a little water) and cook 10mins/100 degrees/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 1 until sauce thickens, potatoes cook and sausages warm through.
Place in Thermoserver to keep warm while you cook the rice and veggies.
Place rice in TM basket and cover with water (about 1mm above the rice, don't put too much over or you will have gluggy rice)
Place Varoma on top of TM bowl and fill with veggies. (depending on the type of veggies you have you may add the faster cooking ones later and the longer cooking ones upfront. For example corn will take longer than diced carrots so will need the full 16mins but the carrots may only need 7mins so put in half way through the cooking)
Cook 16mins/Varoma/speed 4.
Serve with Curried Sausages.
(Cook Sausages if you don't have leftover ones)
RICE & VEGGIES
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken Curry
- Chả chiên
- Creamy Mustard Chicken
- Apricot Chicken Curry - Revamp
- Beef Masala Curry
- Chilli Con Carne
- CHICKEN BEAN & CORN ENCHILADAS WITH RICE (THERMOMUMMA)
- Chicken and Pesto Baked Meatballs
- South Indian Chicken Curry
- Spaghetti Bol
- Lamb Shanks with mixed vegetable sauce
- Berubut Masak Lemak Chilli Api
- Green Tomato Chutney
- Musk Sticks
- Roast Veggie (leftovers) Soup
- Yorkshire Pudding
- Army Green 'Wake Me Up' Smoothie
- Chiko Rolls River Cottage Style
- Camembert Rolls
- Chestnutella (Chestnut chocolate spread)
- Chocolate and Chestnut Cake
- Sweet Chestnut Puree
- Egg & Dairy Free Choc Muffins
- Peach and Almond Crumble
- Temeika's Caramel Slice
- 20 Second Donut Muffins
- Banana Bread
- Thermomixtress' favourite Low Carb Satay Sauce
- Laksa Penang
- Thermomixtress' favourite mash potato recipe
- Paleo Granola
- Apple, Raspberry, White Chocolate Desert
- Thermomixtress' Chunky Guacamole
- Mushroom and Mascarpone Tart
- Apricot Bliss Balls