- 500 g cooked sausages cut into 2 cm pieces, leftovers from the BBQ are perfect
- 60 g Butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil, or ricebran
- 1 large onion
- 1 green apple
- 1 tbsp Keens Curry Powder
- 2 heaped tbsp TM stock, veggie or beef NOTE: my stock has only half the salt so if yours has the full amount you may want to halve the amount of stock
- 1.5 tbsp cornflour, dissolved in water
- 500 g water
- 1 tbsp white vinegar, if cooking sausages as part of the dish
- 1 dash salt, to taste
- 2 large potatoes, cubed (small)
- 400 g basmati rice, washed
- Cut Veggies to steam, beans, broccoli, carrots
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
If you haven't got any leftover sausages to use you can cook them first in the Thermomix as follows -
prick sausages and place in TM basket.
Cover with water and add 1 tbsp of white vinegar (optional). Cook 10mins/100 degrees/speed 2.
Chop onion and apple 3sec/speed 7.
Add curry powder, butter and oil and saute 2mins/varoma/speed 1.
Add stock and water and bring to boil 5mins/varoma/speed 2.
Add sausages, cubed potatoes and cornflour (disolved in a little water) and cook 10mins/100 degrees//speed 1 until sauce thickens, potatoes cook and sausages warm through.
Place in Thermoserver to keep warm while you cook the rice and veggies.
Place rice in TM basket and cover with water (about 1mm above the rice, don't put too much over or you will have gluggy rice)
Place Varoma on top of TM bowl and fill with veggies. (depending on the type of veggies you have you may add the faster cooking ones later and the longer cooking ones upfront. For example corn will take longer than diced carrots so will need the full 16mins but the carrots may only need 7mins so put in half way through the cooking)
Cook 16mins/Varoma/speed 4.
Serve with Curried Sausages.
(Cook Sausages if you don't have leftover ones)
RICE & VEGGIES
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Sweet & Sour Pork Belly
- Mum T's meatloaf
- Spicy beef
- Meatloaf with Barbecue Sauce
- Roast chicken low carb
- Chicken sausage & macaroni casserole
- Thai chicken cakes with satay sauce and pickled cucumber drizzle
- Satay Chicken
- Portuguese Pea stew - Ervilhas com ovos escalfados
- Variation Chicken, Bacon, Pumpkin & Spinach Risotto
- Quick Quiche Boats
- Green Tomato Chutney
- Musk Sticks
- Roast Veggie (leftovers) Soup
- Yorkshire Pudding
- Army Green 'Wake Me Up' Smoothie
- Chiko Rolls River Cottage Style
- Camembert Rolls
- Chestnutella (Chestnut chocolate spread)
- Chocolate and Chestnut Cake
- Sweet Chestnut Puree
- Egg & Dairy Free Choc Muffins
- Peach and Almond Crumble
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Traditional ANZAC biscuits
- Gluten free cheesecake caramel slice
- Apple and cinnamon muffins
- Lemon & Blueberry Muffins (Paleo)
- Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits
- Easy Pancakes
- raspberry & coconut slice
- Lisa's Banana Muffins
- Hot cross buns
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Protein bars