- 1 onion
- 3 Tbs dried breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- S&P to taste
- 500g Beef mince
- 1 Tbs Butter
- 1 Tbs curry powder
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 2 Tbs Mango Chutney
- 2 Beef stock cubes
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- 300g white rice
- 900g Boiling water
Peel and quarter onion. Place in thermo bowl and dice on speed 5 for 5 seconds. Scrape down sides and repeat if necessary.
Add remaining ingredients (except mince) and mix on speed 2 for 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
Add mince and mix on speed 3-4 for 30 seconds using spatula to assist in mixing.
Remove from bowl and roll into small balls. Place in fridge for an hour to chill.
Melt butter in frypan and fry meatballs until golden. When golden, sprinkle over curry powder and cook for another minute.
Whilst meatballs are frying, place all remaining ingredients in the thermo bowl and mix on speed 2 for 10 seconds. (My kids don't like the chutney pieces so I increase the speed to 4/5).
Pour over meatballs and cook gently for 30 minutes.
Thicken with a mix of cornflour and water, if necessary and serve over a bed of rice.
Whilst meatballs are cooking in gravy mix, place simmer basket in the thermo bowl. Weigh rice and wash thoroughly. Using this water, rinse out the thermo bowl from the gravy mix.
Once bowl is rinsed, add boiling water and cook for 13 minutes, Varoma speed 4.
Once cooked, remove from bowl and fluff up with a fork.
Accessories you need
If you don't have mango chutney, then any other chutney is suitable.
I often fry up a double batch of these meatballs and then freeze half after frying but before cooking in the gravy. It's then just a matter or reheating the meatballs and cooking with the gravy mix for an even quicker meal.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Taco rissoles
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- KFC Chicken at Home
- Claypot Mushroom Chicken Rice
- pull pork stew
- Sesame Oil Whole Chicken - roast using Thermomix!
- alittliebityummy.com Low FODMAP Spaghetti Bolognese
- Minted Lamb Burgers
- Chicken Satay with peanut sauce
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Beef Roghan Josh Curry (GF)
- The English Carrot
- Carrot and Almond Loaf
- Peach and Almond Dessert Cake
- FNG Bar
- Paleo Banana & Walnut Muffins
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- I’ve tried every vegan chocolate energy ball recipe going – this is the best one
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Taco rissoles
- Pecan biscuits