- 100 grams Raw Cashew Nuts
- 500 grams chicken, cubed (3cm)
- 1 heaped tablespoons Vegetable stock paste
- 1 onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 30 grams olive oil
- 120 grams mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Praprika
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 100 grams white wine
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 100g grams hot water
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- parsley, for garnish
1h 15minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Cover cashews with room temperature water and let it soak for about 1 hour before starting to prepare dinner.
Season chicken with vegetable stock and let it marinate.
- Place onion and garlic in bowl and chop for 5 Seconds - Speed 5
- Add olive oil and cook for 3 minutes - 100 degrees - Speed 1
- Add mushrooms, tomato paste, wine, cornflour, mustard, paprika and Worcestershire. And mix 5 sec - Speed 2.5
Add chicken and cook for 13min - 100ºC - Soft
I stir my once during cooking time. Take lid off and give a good stir right to the bottom with the spatula, replace lid.
- Pour it in a ThermoServer or anyother serving container and set apart.
- Without washing the bowl, draing the soaking water out of the cashews and put the cashews in . Add 100g hot water and lemon juice and blend for 1 min - Speed 9.
- Add the cashew cream to chicken, mix together using the spatula. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
Accessories you need
I serve with rice and green salad
For a regular Chicken Stroganoff add 150g of sour cream and 50g wather on step5 and forget about the cashews.
Dairy free version is unbeatable though.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken and veggie potato bake
- Beef fajitas
- Pasta-less Lasagne
- Chicken and Yoghurt Curry (Dahi Murgh)
- Poached Chicken in Lemongrass Broth
- Lemon and Garlic Yoghurt Chicken
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Easy Cheats Chicken and Vegetable Pie Filling
- Shepherd’s Pie (Low Carb)
- Japanese Katsu chicken curry
- Coconut and cashew chicken