- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 20g olive oil
- 500g beef 2cm cubes, (chuck or blade steak is best)
- 1 heaped tbsp meat stock concentrate or 2 beef cubes
- 400g Can of Corn Kernels
- 400g can of diced tomatoes
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 100g sliced mushrooms
- 1tbs Corn Flour
- 3tbs Milk
8Recipe is created for
Chop onion and garlic at speed 6, 5 secs. Add oil and sauté Veroma temp, 3 mins speed 2.
Add the meat, stock, corn and corn juices, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and mushrooms. Cook temp 80, 60 mins . Depending on your cut of meat you may like to cook for a further 30 mins, temp 80 .
In the last couple of mins thicken your stew by add in your corn flour mix (put the corn flour and milk in a cup and mix until smooth).
This is a lovely simple stew, yummy dipped with bread and butter, or used as a pie filling.
If you prefer a richer stew you could add 2tbs tomato paste, 50g red wine or 1tbs thyme or mixed Italian herbs.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Butterscotch Baileys
- Apple,cinnamon&sultana porridge
- Brandy Ice Cream
- Sago Plum Pudding
- Antipasto Cheese Ball Christmas Tree
- Nuts and Bolts with a twist
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Rum Balls
- Variation Vegetarian Sausage Rolls
- Spiced Oat Muffins
- Jaffa cake
- Chicken & Vegetable Pie