- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 600 grams Beef strips, (rump works well)
- 400 grams White Rice (Rinsed)
- 1 can Coconut Cream.
- 1 Onion (quartered)
- 1 Red capsicum (quartered)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 40 grams Evoo
- 120 grams crunchy peanut butter
- 40 grams Sweet chilli sauce
- 40 grams oyster sauce
- 1 bunch choy sum or bok choy
- 1 Red chilli (small)
- Peanuts and sliced chilli, (to garnish)
- Cut beef into thin strips and place in a bowl. Add marinade ingredients and stir gently to combine. Cover with cling film and allow to marinate whilst rice is cooking in the TM.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of the coconut cream and add the remainder of the can to the TM bowl. Add water to make up to 1200g. Weigh rice in simmering basket and rinse. Place basket of rice in TM bowl and steam 20 mins/Varoma/speed 4. Place in thermoserver once cooked and then prepare the satay.
- Heat 20g EVOO for 1min/Varoma/speed 1. When sizzling add beef strips in 2 batches and saute for 2 mins each batch also at Varoma. Set aside. (Alternatively the beef strips can be seared in a wok/pan over high heat for 1 min if preferred).
- Add onion, garlic, chilli and capsicum to TM bowl and chop for 3secs/speed 7. Scrape down sides of the bowl, add 20g EVOO and saute 3mins/100 degrees/speed 1.
- Add reserved 1/2 cup of coconut cream, peanut butter, sweet chilli and oyster sauce. Blend 30 secs/speed 2. Add beef and trimmed, chopped choy sum and cook 4mins/100 degrees/ speed 1[img title="counter-clockwise operation"]https://www.recipecommunity.com.au/sites/all/modules/contrib/smileys/packs/thermomix/counterclock.png[/img].
- Serve over rice and garnish with peanuts or chilli if desired.
Reserve some of the coconut water leftover from steaming the rice, and add to the sauce if a thinner consistency is required.
Chunkier veggies can be steamed with the varoma and mixed in with the satay in the last few minutes of cooking.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Snowy’s Pork Ribs
- Steak & Kidney pie (paleo, AIP)
- Lamb Ragu
- Sri Lankan-style Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Oatmeal recipe
- Honey-soy chicken wings
- Indonesian Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- Parmesan crusted chicken
- Decadent caramel apple pie
- Speckled Egg Easter Biscuits
- Pistachio Chilli Prawns
- Chicken Strudel
- Beef & Guinness Pie filling or Stew
- No Mush Shepherds Pie
- Chocolate M&M Fudge biscuits
- CHOCOLATE STICKY DATE PUDDING
- Best Ever Shepherds Pie
- KFC Style Coleslaw
- Cauliflower, Bacon & Parmesan Quiche