- 600 g onion, halved
- 60 g olive oil
- 600 g Beef, cut into large chunk. Use topside or chuck.
- 1 heaped tablespoon paprika
- 5 tablespoon tomato paste
- 200 g Sauerkraut, rinsed
- 100g g water
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cream
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
3h 0minPreparation 3h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add onion to mixing bowl and chop 4 seconds / speed 5. Scrape down sides.
Add olive oil to mixing bowl and saute 30 minutes / varoma / speed 1, MC off. At this step, we are looking for the onion to become soft and yellow and just about to start caramalising. Make sure to scrape down from time to time to ensure even cooking.
Add beef and stir well using spatula to ensure the beef cubes are coated by the onion. Cook 30 minutes / 90 degree / / speed 1, MC on.
Add paprika and cook 30 minutes / 90 degree / / . Then add tomato paste and cook 60minutes / 90 degree / / .
Add rinsed sauerkraut and water to mixing bowl. Cook 15 minutes / 90 degree / / .
Add cream and salt and cook 2 minutes / 90 degree / / .
Goulash can be served with rice, mashed potato, or bread.
Equal amount of onion and beef is the key to this recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Shepherds pie
- Bel’s Satay Chicken
- Mums white sauce based curried sausages
- Spaghetti Polpette
- Chicken Spesh
- Sausage and Yorkshire Bake
- Red Cottage Pie
- Spice Craft Butter Chicken
- Pan Seared Chicken Breast with Lemon and Taragon Cream
- Devilled Sausages (Healthy Mummy style)
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Foodie Mumma Ren’s Butter Chicken
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Shepherds pie
- Apricot Slice
- Wagon Wheel slice
- Pumpkin and Leek Soup
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Fruit Bread
- CHEESY CHEESY MACARONI
- Mrs Scotts' Almond Cake
- The Sisters Tomato Relish
- Variation Pumpkin, Pancetta & Pea Risotto (or 3P Risotto!)