- 1-2 onions, cut into quarters (approx. 100g)
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and cut into halves (approx. 200g)
- 1 leek, cut into pieces, white part only (approx. 150g)
- 1-2 carrots, cut into pieces (approx.150g)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 30 g fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only, plus extra for garnishing
- 40 g olive oil
- 900 g oxtail, cut into pieces
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 20 g Dried Porcini Mushrooms, cut into slices
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp Vegetable stock paste
- 150 g red wine
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves, dried (optional)
- 150 g water
- 2 pinches sea salt, to taste
- 2 pinches ground black pepper, to taste
Place onions, fennel, leek, carrots, garlic, parsley and olive oil into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and cook 10 min/100°C/speed 1.
Add oxtail, bay leaves, porcini mushrooms, 200 g of the tomatoes, tomato paste, flour, stock paste, red wine and Kaffir lime leaves (optional) and cook 60 min/100°C/"Counter-clockwise operation" /"Gentle stir setting" , placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid.
Add remaining 200 g tomatoes and water, combine with spatula and carefully mix oxtail pieces around the mixing bowl. Cook 60 min/100°C/"Counter-clockwise operation" /"Gentle stir setting" , placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid.
Season with salt and pepper and check to see if oxtail is tender. Remove all tender pieces with 2-3 spoonfuls of sauce and place into ThermoServer to keep warm. If required, cook a further 30 min/100°C/"Counter-clockwise operation" /"Gentle stir setting" , or until all pieces are tender.
Transfer to a large serving bowl or individual dinner plates, garnish with a little parsley, and serve warm.
Accessories you need
· Serve this stew with mashed potato, polenta or steamed greens. · Cooking time may vary, depending on the size of the oxtail pieces.
This recipe has been inspired by NSW Consultant, Lynette MacDonald.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Peasy Satay Chicken
- Jess's Spag Bol
- Chicken Donor kebab marinade
- Karaage Chicken
- 40 kids Spaghetti Bol sauce
- Nana's Chicken and Spaghetti
- Hidden Veg Rissoles
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Minced beef Goulash
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Mersey Valley Baked Chicken
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Paleo Spiced Almond and Date Hot Chocolate (Vegan, GF)
- BOOBIE BISCUIT
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- Apple Crumble Pie
- Banana Cream Brûlée’s
- Gluten Free Sourdough Bread
- Lychee Apple Dream Cocktail
- Pineapple Cheesecake Jars
- Nanna's Vegetable Soup
- Biscoff Knafeh Tarts
- Italian Semolina Bread
- Curried Kumera Soup