- 2 pieces brown onions, Chopped in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 30 g Butter
- 600 g Rump Steak, Chopped approx 2.5cm cubes
- 4 tomatoes, Peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, Peeled and chopped
- 125 g water
- 125 g Dry Red Wine
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 beef stock cube, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 bayleaf
- Salt & Pepper, (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 75 g water
- 125 g sour cream
2h 0minPreparation 2h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Trim off all fat from Rump steak, cut meat into 2.5 cm cubes.
Peel and chop tomatoes.
Peel and chop carrots.
Peel and chop brown onions into quarters.
Place onion into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula.
Add olive oil and butter and saute 3 min/120°C/speed 1.
Add beef and cook 5 min/120°C//speed 1.
Add tomatoes, carrots, water, red wine, paprika, stock cube, tomato paste and bayleaf and cook 75 min/100°C//speed 1.
Remove bayleaf before serving.
- If using, in a separate bowl combine flour and water then add mixture to mixing bowl. Cook 5 min/90°C//speed 1.
- If using sour cream, stir through immediately before serving or dollop on top of individual serves.
Cooking the Goulash
- This is only suitable for the TM5. If cooking in an earlier model please reduce quantities as it fills to capacity in the TM5.
- If you are time poor, purchase diced beef from the butcher or supermarket.
- You can substitute the tomatoes for a 400g tinned tomatoes. Be aware that this could impact on flavour as tinned tomatoes are typically more acidic. You may wish to add 1tsp of sugar to help balance your flavours.
- For a gluten free dish, either leave out the flour or replace with rice flour or cornflour.
- This dish goes very well with mashed/riced potato or rice and steamed brocolli.
- Vegan option: Replace beef with 600g of Firm Tofu and for stock I recommend Massel Beef Ultracubes which are vegan but have a good depth of flavour for the base of the sauce. At Step 7 place Tofu in a bag with 1/4 cup of plain flour (of your choice) and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat Tofu then place in mixing bowl, following instructions. At Step 8 cook for 45 minutes only. (Please note I have not tested this in the TM5 yet - just using conventional cooking so please let me know if there are any issues).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken, Mushroom & Sweet Potato Bake
- Massaman Curry Paste
- Peanut crusted chicken
- Leftover Chicken Burgers - Using Leftover Cooked Chicken
- Chicken Fricassee (great with Smoked Chicken)
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Mustard and chive chicken
- Clean Thai Beef Salad with Brown Rice
- Sous Vide Rib
- Padang Style Chicken Curry Recipe
- Curried Sausages
- Slow cooked Curried Sausages - with hidden veggies