- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon tumeric, ground
- 2 cloves garlic, Peeled
- 3 cm ginger, Peeled
- 2 to taste Red Chilis, Whole or seeds removed if preferred
- --- salt, To Taste
- --- black pepper, To Taste
- 1 large onion, Halved
- 1 red capsicum, Cut into Pieces
- 1 celery stalk, Cut into Pieces
- 500 grams chicken thighs, Cubed
- 1 mango, Peeled and pitted
- 400 grams coconut cream
- 250 grams chicken stock, or Equivalent from TM Chicken Stock Paste and Water
- 40 grams tomato paste
- 2 teaspoon white vinegar
- mango, Diced to Serve
- 1 Baby Cucumber, Diced to Serve
- 10 cherry tomatoes, Halved
- rice, Cooked
- spring onions, Chopped
- coriander leaves
8Recipe is created for
To make toasted spices, add mustard seed, cumin seed, fenugreek and coriander seed and dry roast 3 min, 120C, speed 1.
Allow to cool slightly.
Mill 30 sec, speed 10. Set aside in a bowl.
To make sauce base, add mango, coconut cream, chicken stock, tomato puree and vinegar and blend 10 sec, speed 7.
Set sauce base aside in a bowl.
Wash and dry mixing bowl.
Place garlic, ginger and chili and chop 5 sec, speed 5.
Place onion (halved), capsicum and celery pieces and chop 5 sec, speed 5.
Add 50g ghee and sauté 3 min, 120C, speed 1 (reverse).
Scrape down sides of mixing bowl and add toasted spices, turmeric, salt, pepper.
Sauté 3 min, 120C, speed 1 (reverse).
Scrape down sides of mixing bowl, then add chicken and sauce base and cook 10 min, 100C, speed 1 (reverse).
Cook 15 min, 100C, speed 1 (reverse) using simmering basket instead of measurng cup. Adjust cooking time if required to ensure chicken is cooked to your preference or to thicken the curry.
Add more stock if required and cook a further 5 min, 100C, speed 1 (reverse) using simmering basket instead of measurng cup.
Add diced mango (optional), diced baby cucumber and cherry tomatoes and cook 5 min, 100C, speed 1 (reverse).
Serve with cooked rice, chopped spring onions and/or coriander garnish.
Prepare Toasted Spices
Prepare the Sauce
Cook the Curry
Add Garnishings and Serve
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef and Guinness Stew
- Thai Green Curry
- DinnerWinner Curry
- Variation Easy chicken kimchi
- Easy chicken kimchi
- Chicken, Bacon, Mushroom Fettuccine Carbonara
- Gluten Free Yeast Free Egg Free Bread Rolls
- Wontons in Chilli Broth
- Cheeseburger Pasta Bake
- Black Bean Brownies - dairy and gluten free
- Vegan Moussaka
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup