- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 20 grams olive oil
- 1 Corn cob
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 1/2 Beetroot
- 4 Broccoli Heads
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 pumpkin
- 4 bunches Kale
- 1 tomato
- 1 can Ayam coconut milk (full-fat), (270ml)
- 1 can Ayam coconut milk (low-fat), (270ml)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1-2 tablespoons EDC Veggie stock concentrate
- 500 grams chicken breast (diced)
- 1 --- cup rice
8Recipe is created for
1. Chop onion into quarters and add to TM bowl. Add garlic to the TM bowl. Chop finely on speed 6 for 5 seconds.
2. Add olive oil and saute on 100 degrees, speed 2 for 2 minutes.
3. Scrape down sides of TM bowl and add corn, capsicum, beetroot, broccoli, carrot, pumpkin, kale and tomato. Chop finely on speed 6 for 7 seconds. Scrape down sides of TM bowl again and repeat until finely chopped to your satisfaction.
4. Add both coconut milk cans, curry powder and veggie stock to the TM bowl.
5. Dice skinless chicken breast into small pieces, and place in Varoma Dish and Tray. Ensure there are some spaces for the hot air to get through to cook the chicken. Place the Varoma Dish/Tray in position on the TM. Cook at Varoma temperature, , for 20 minutes, speed 2.
6. Cook rice on the stovetop using your preferred method (I like absorption) if you would like the rice and curry to be finished concurrently. Otherwise you could cook the rice in the TM once the curry was finished.
7. To serve, place a portion of rice in each bowl, then the chicken and then spoon some curry on top and mix through. So yummy!
Please note: If you have a lesser volume of liquid in the TM bowl, you could place the rice in the TM basket and insert that in the bowl, then place the Varoma on top, so that the rice cooks with everything else. This would be ideal. I found that my TM bowl had too much liquid for that (unless you were happy to cook the rice submerged in the curry - probably would work well, but I have no experience in this!).
My husband gave this a 10/10 (never scored a 10 ever as he is a bit picky!) and my baby and toddler ate every single mouthful in their bowls
A lovely TM user on here mentioned she used one 400ml can of coconut milk (not Ayam) and added milk to reach the 540ml plus 5g of dessicated coconut, which she said worked well.
Kerry's Chicken Curry
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Sweet & Sour Pork Belly
- Mum T's meatloaf
- Spicy beef
- Meatloaf with Barbecue Sauce
- Roast chicken low carb
- Chicken sausage & macaroni casserole
- Thai chicken cakes with satay sauce and pickled cucumber drizzle
- Satay Chicken
- Portuguese Pea stew - Ervilhas com ovos escalfados
- Variation Chicken, Bacon, Pumpkin & Spinach Risotto
- Quick Quiche Boats
- Spinach, bacon and cheese pies (pie-maker)
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Sweet curry with crumbed chicken on cous cous
- Claypot Rice
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Pea & Mint Hummus
- Cauliflower whip
- Leek potato soup
- Ham, Cheese and Zucchini Pizza Scrolls
- Sweetcorn and Potato Chowder
- Easy Lamb Pide