THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 150 grams basmati rice
- 150 grams brown rice
- 100 grams Spelt grain
- 100 grams Tapioca Pearls
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon Dried Basil Leaves
- 1/3 tablespoon Dried Oregano Leaves
- 1 tablespoon celery salt, Vegesalt or hebamere
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dried yellow mustard
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons Grounds white pepper
- 250 grams buttermilk
- 1 egg, Beaten
- 2 fillets chicken breast, Roughly 500 - 750g
- Oil of choice for frying, Sunflower, canola or rice bran
1h 0minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Blitz basmati rice, brown rice, spelt grain and tapioca pearls for 2-3mins/ speed 10/ mc on or until fine.
Place all spices and herbs into tmx.
Blitz on speed 10 for 30 seconds. Scrape down. Repeat. You are wanting a fine grind.
Add flour and blitz on speed 10 for 20 seconds.
Have a taste of your flour. You can tweak the quantities used to suit your tastes. Add additional flavour of needed and blitz again on speed 10 for 30 seconds to ensure its well combined. If you feel the flavours are too intense you can add more flour.
Devide flour into 3, set aside 2/3 mixture.
Pour 1/3 of the flour onto a plate Or into a bag.
Mix buttermilk and egg together in a bowl, soak chicken in buttermilk mixture at room temperature for 20-30mins.
Coat chicken strips in egg and then flour. I then put them in egg and then flour again. This gives it a realcrispy coating. allow to sit on rack over a baking sheet for 20mins.
Meanwhile, heat about 2cm of oil in frypan until medium heat Is achieved. You need enough oil to shallow fry your strips.
Fry a few strips at a time. Don't overload the pan. Cook until white and cooked through. The time will vary on the size of your strips. Just watch them.
Place on absorbent paper to drain excess oil, while repeating the cooking process until all chicken is cooked.
Accessories you need
Recipe adapted from one found in the Chicago tribune.
there is enough mix here for 3 meals.
you can substitute the rices, spelt and tapioca grains for plain 500g plain flour.. I just have a gluten intolerance.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Goat Bhuna Ghost
- Mince and Cheese Pie
- Butter chicken using Pepper and Me Tandoori Paste
- Low Fodmap Sticky Pork Spare Ribs
- Chilli Con Carne - TM31 TM5 TM6
- Honey Soy Chicken – TM31 TM5 TM6
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Chedar Cheese Spread (Like Cheez Whizz)
- Chocolate Cake
- Filipino Pandesal
- Easy Gluten Free Blueberry & Ricotta Cake
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Vegan Lemon Curd
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Donut ice-cream
- Weetbix Banana Cinnamon Biscuits