- 600 grams Lamb rump, Cut across the grain into thin strips
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 sprigs rosemary, leaves only
- 1 lemon, Zest
- 1 lemon, Flesh only no pith, halved
- 30 grams extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
1. Chop the rump into thin strips across the grain of the meat. Place into a container with a liquid tight lid and set aside.
2. Zest the Lemon with a vegetable peeler being careful not to include any of the pith. Set aside. Remove the rest of the skin from the lemon leaving the flesh only. Cut into half.
3. Place the garlic, rosemary leaves and lemon zest into the bowl. Chop for 5 secs on Speed 8. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
4. Add the lemon flesh, EVOO and salt & pepper to taste. Process for 30secs on Speed 8. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and check that the lemon is completely broken up. Process for another 5-10 secs if needed.
5. Pour the marinade over the meat. Close the lid of the container and shake so that the marinade covers all of the meat. Place into the fridge for at least 2 hours.
6. Preheat a heavy based fry pan. Spray lightly with oil. Pan fry the lamb at high heat, moving it around constantly so that it doesn't burn.
7. Once the Lamb is approx 3/4 cooked, transfer to a thermoserver to rest. The meat will finish cooking while it sits.
Extend the time the meat marinates for an even more flavourable and tender result. I like to leave it overnight.
Serve in a toasted wrap with salad and either Mayo or Tzatziki.[[wysiwyg_imageupload:582:]]
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- pull pork stew
- Sesame Oil Whole Chicken - roast using Thermomix!
- alittliebityummy.com Low FODMAP Spaghetti Bolognese
- Minted Lamb Burgers
- Chicken Satay with peanut sauce
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Beef Roghan Josh Curry (GF)
- Maple Beef
- Double cooked Pork Ribs
- Lemon, garlic and chicken rissoto
- AUTHENTIC THAI CASHEW CHICKEN