- 150 g butter / nuttalex
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 250-300 g flour, depending on what type of flour you use, less for wheat, more for spelt
- juice of half a lemon
- 50 g cold water
- 450 g Left over roast chicken or chicken breast
- 1 onion, Cut in halves
- 40 g olive oil
- 40 g flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, I use the recipe from Cooking for You and Me
- 500 g water
- 3 tablespoon veggie stock paste
- 100 g mushrooms, sliced
- 400 g left over roast pumpkin
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add flour, salt, curry powder, and butter to bowl and turbo 4 times.
Add water and lemon juice and mix 3 minutes, speed 3
Turn out onto a Thermomat or Glad wrap and form dough into a ball.
Wrap it up and place it in the fridge for at least 20 minutes. (This can be done ahead and stored in the fridge).
Before making the filling, preheat oven to 200 and roll 2/3 dough out to 0.5 cm thickness to fit pie or flan dish, trim excess leaving some overhanging.
Blind bake in oven for 15 minutes or until just crisp on the edges.
Whilst pastry is blind baking, add meat from chicken to clean bowl and shred, speed 3, , 10 seconds. Set aside.
Add onion to bowl and chop speed 7, 3 seconds.
Add oil and curry powder and cook 3 minutes, Varoma, speed 1.
Add flour and cook 3 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1
Add water, stock and mushroom and cook 6 minutes, 90 degrees, speed 4
Meanwhile, roll out remaining 1/3 dough and using spatula, cut into 3 cm wide strips.
When pastry has finished blind baking, add shredded chicken, pumpkin and sauce to dish and mix gently to combine.
Wet edges of pastry with water or milk and make a lattice pattern on top of the pie, pressing lightly to join the edge.
Bake for a further 20 minutes or until pastry is lightly browned and crispy.
Allow to rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegetable Quiche Dairy- free
- Failsafe Hommux (RPAH diet compliant)
- Thick and Creamy Cheese Sauce - dairy free
- Spiced chocolate custard (automated TM5)
- Cupid's Slice of Love (Grain free, Dairy Free Chocolate Brownie)
- Spelt Bread (FODMAP friendly)
- Nutella bliss balls
- Almond crackers (grain free)
- Boston bun
- Rice milk yogurt
- Salted Cashew and Coconut Slice
- Blood Orange Marmalade
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- Banoffee Porridge
- Blue Cheese & Sesame Biscuits
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Corn and Vegetable Fritters
- Keto Ice Cream
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Raspberry and Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie
- Kick-ass Cheddar Cheese and Jalapeño Biscuits