- 1000 grams Lamb forequarter, de-boned, fat trimmed and chopped into 2-3 cm pieces
- Good quality fat or oil - I used lard
- 2 heaped tablespoons seasoned flour
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 centimetre piece of ginger
- 2 cups of pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons TM curry powder, I used recipe from &quot;Cooking for me and you&quot;
- 140 grams Tomato Paste.
- Third of a cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 75 grams cashew nuts
- salt and peper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1h 20minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Toss the lamb in seasoned flour until completely coated. Fry lamb in a non stick frypan on stovetop in fat or oil in batches until browned, then set aside.
Add garlic and ginger to TM bowl, MC in place and chop for 3 seconds on speed 6. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Add Olive oil and saute for 3 minutes, speed 1 at temperaure 120 degrees.
Add Pineapple juice, curry powder, tomato paste, soy sauce, vinegar and brown sugar to TM bowl, MC in place and cook at 120 degrees, speed 1 for 5 minutes.
Add lamb and cook for 1 hour at 100 degrees, speed 0.5 Add nuts and season to taste.
Allow mixture to rest for 15 - 20 minutes in thermo server or TM bowl.
Serve with buttered egg noodles or nutty brown rice.
This is similar to a Chinese sweet and sour with extra zing! The lamb is very tender (after resting) and it's just yum for those cooler evenings when you'ree looking for a scrumptious tummy warmer
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Kefta and Potato Casserole with Lebanese Rice
- Xanthe’s Butter Chicken
- Creamy chicken, bacon, mushroom & veggie pie filling
- Lamb Rogan Josh
- Bao Buns
- Thai Chicken and Pork Balls
- Chicken & Veg Galette
- Variation Clone of Chicken Enchiladas - Lauren
- Mouthwatering Meatloaf with Sensational Sauce
- Chicken Thai Green curry
- Gma's Meatloaf
- Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Steamed Salmon with Green Peppercorn sauce and Vegetables
- Easy Spaghetti alla Bolognese
- Spaghetti Alla Puttanesca
- Vietnamese Beef with Lemon Grass and Chilli - converted from a Golden Lotus cooking class
- Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- Donna Hay's Thai Chicken Soup
- Kylie Simpson's Rice Pudding with Earl Grey soaked Prunes and Brandy Syrup
- Green Thai Curry - Ben Milbourne's Masterchef recipe
- George Calombaris' Homemade baked beans