- 1 onion, cut in half
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup stuffed green olives
- 1 bunch fresh oregano leaves, (approx 1 tablespoon once chopped up finely)
- 200 g bread, approx 4 slices roughly torn (or you can use ready made breadcrumbs)
- 500 g pork and veal mince
- 125 g Philadelphia cream cheese, broken into smaller chunks
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 800 g tin diced tomatoes
- 250 g chicken stock, (1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Use a packet of flavoured mediterranean cous cous, or cook your own to your liking
Recipe is created for
- Place onion, garlic, olives, oregano and bread into TM Bowl. Chop 15 seconds speed 7.
- Add mince, philly, egg and seasonings. Stir 1 minute Interval speed "Dough mode" using spatula to ensure it is combined.
- Shape mixture into small meatballs (approx 25) using wet hands if necessary and place in both the Varoma tray and dish.
- Place sauce ingredients into TM bowl. Put the Varoma into place and cook for 20 mins Varoma temperature, speed 2.
- Heat 1-2 tbsp of olive oil in a fry pan. Transfer meatballs to the pan and fry for a couple of minutes to brown them slightly. Then add the sauce and stir gently to combine. Let simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 - 10 minutes or until sauce has thickened a little.
Transfer to a thermoserver.
Serve on a bed of cous cous with a side salad or steamed green veges.
Making the meatballs
Accessories you need
Recipe converted from Philidelphia's 'simply heaven' cookbook.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Goat Bhuna Ghost
- Mince and Cheese Pie
- Butter chicken using Pepper and Me Tandoori Paste
- Low Fodmap Sticky Pork Spare Ribs
- Chilli Con Carne - TM31 TM5 TM6
- Honey Soy Chicken – TM31 TM5 TM6
- Lemongrass beef skewers with satay sauce
- Slow Cooked Pulled Mexican Beef