- 2-3 Chicken Breast (or thigh)
- 20g oil
- 2 Brown Onions (halved)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Extra Paprika for seasoning
- 400g Tin of Chopped tomatoes (or 5 fresh)
- 1 tbsp Vegie or Chicken Stock Paste
- 1/2 tin of water
- 150g sour cream
- Fresh Parsley (to serve)
- Rice (to serve)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Slice chicken into pieces no thicker than 1.5cm. Season with salt and paprika and arrange in the Varoma. Set aside for now
Add onion and garlic to bowl and chop for 5 seconds, speed 5.5. Scrape down and repeat if necessary
Add oil and saute for 3 minutes, 120 degrees, speed 1.2 with MC (measuring cup) off
Add 1 tbsp of paprika and cook for a further 1 minute, 120 degrees, speed 1.2 with MC off
Add tinned tomatoes, water (using the empty tomato tin to measure), stock paste and salt and pepper to taste. Place Varoma into position and cook for 25 minutes, Varoma, Speed 2
Once time is up check that the chicken is cooked through. If its not then cook for a further 5 minutes or until cooked through.
Remove Varoma and set aside. Add sour cream to bowl and mix for 10 seconds speed 2.5
Combine sauce and chicken and serve over rice, pasta, cous cous or mashed potato, topped with fresh parsley.
You can cook the rice before hand and keep warm in the thermoserver while cooking the dish.
I add green vegies to the Varoma when there is 15 minutes left of cooking time, to serve on the side.
This dish is very easy to adjust, you could easily sneak in some more vegies (eg. zucchini, carrot) at the second step.
If you want your sauce less chunky (for picky eaters) simply blitz for a few seconds after adding the sour cream.
This is a pre-thermy favourite of mine that I adapted from another recipe
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Indonesian Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Satay Chicken
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Roll
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Hot Cross Buns
- Veg Thai Green Curry Recipe
- Spicy Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Choc Peppermint Fudgey Bean Biscuits- Egg, gluten and nut free.
- Coconut ice coffee kickstarter
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Marinara Sauce
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Bulletproof Coffee
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Mums best ever pasta sauce