- 1 heaped tablespoon cumin seeds, whole
- 4 centimetre Cinnamon bark
- 6 green cardamom pods
- 1-3 Dried red chillis, Use fewer and exclude seeds if you prefer less heat in the curry
- 1/4 pumpkin, 2cm cubes with skin removed
- 1 zuchinni
- 1 carrot, large
- 0.5 litres chicken stock or veg stock, Ideally low sodium
- 600 g boneless chicken thighs, 2cm cubes
- 1 Large Brown Onions, Peeled, cut into quarters
- 3 cloves garlic, Peeled
- 4 centimetres ginger, Peeled
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 heaped tablespoons Tamarind Pickle, Or substitute with any Indian pickle or spiced chutney
- 2 heaped tablespoons rice flour, Or substitute with corn flour or arrowroot
Place cumin, cardamom, cinnamon and chilli in the TM bowl.
Set on Varoma temp for 3 minutes
Remove from the bowl and tip into the MC
Turn on TM to speed 10 then tip the roasted spices into the bowl while the blades are at full speed. Place MC on the bowl and grind on speed 9 for 1 minute.
Remove from the bowl and set aside.
Add onion,garlic,ginger to TM bowl. Mince for 7 seconds on speed 7. Scrape down the sides.
Add oil and sauté on Varoma temp speed 2 for 4 mins until onion is translucent.
Add spices and sauté for another minute. The mixture should be very fragrant.
Add pickle and sauté for another minute.
Add chicken and cook on Varoma temp for 5 mins. This will coat the base onto the chicken and seal the meat.
Add the stock and pumpkin. Cook on Varoma temp for 30 mins.
Thicken the sauce by breaking up the pumpkin for 10 seconds on speed 4
Remove half a cup of liquid, stir in the rice flour until it is a smooth paste. Return the paste to the TM bowl.
Add carrot and zuchinni.
Cook for 10 mins at temp 90 speed
Serve with rice or bread.
You can cut the carrot and zuchinni in the TM after preparing the spices but for a better result, cut by hand into even sized slices. Cut lengthways in half then 1 cm slices.
The recipe can easily be adapted to be vegetarian or to incorporate many other ingredients. The basic spice and curry prep steps would remain the same.
Let me now how you get along and any variations you dream up!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dairy Free Chicken Stroganoff
- Pork Fritters
- Mexican Chicken Parmigiana
- Sweet Lamb Curry - Retro
- Left over roast pork Cannelloni
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Variation Thermonat's chicken pie
- Variation Braised Pork Ribs Using Thermomix
- Snitzel crumb
- Shepherd’s Pie
- Number pork ribs
- Old Fashioned Apricot Chicken