THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 100 g tomato sauce
- 50 g honey bourbon, or straight bourbon
- 50 g apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon seeded mustard
- 1 Silverside, roughly 1kg (ensure meat fits in the Varoma comfortably, taking care not to overfill)
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Brown Vinegar
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 Whole Peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock concentrate, from EDC
- 1 litre hot water
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 50 g Brown Vinegar
- 75 g reserved liquid from bowl
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, optional, if you didn&amp;amp;amp;amp;#039;t use a sweet glaze as the reserved liquid will be sweet enough
Recipe is created for
Make Glaze ( you can do this ahead of time)
Place all glaze ingredients into the thermomix bowl and cook 100 degrees / speed 3 /10-15 minutes until it has thickened slightly. Remove and place into a container or pouring jug.
Place onion in the bowl and chop for 3 seconds / speed 4. Scrape down.
Place sugar, vinegar, cloves, peppercorns, stock and water in the bowl.
Wash silverside and place in the botton tray of the varoma and sit on top of the mxing bowl. No need for baking paper.
Cook at Varoma / 50-60 minutes / speed 2.
After 50 or so minutes add some vegies of your choice around the side of the varoma or even in your basket. I added potatoes and carrots and sweet potato in both the basket and varoma. Also add some more water to your thermomix bowl.
This is where you start to use your glaze. Pour a little on top of the silverside until it is just coated. Don't worry if it drips through to the bowl. Then you need to repeat this three or four times over the next 30 minutes while your vegies are cooking. The more times the better! I even turned my silverside to get sauce on both sides.
After about 1 - 1 1/2 hours it will be cooked enough.
Remove from Varoma and place in thermoserver to keep warm.
Reserve 3/4 cup (75g) of liquid from the mixing bowl and strain to get rid of lumps.
Mix cornflour with 2 tablespoons of hot water to dissolve.
Add all ingredients for the sauce in the mixing bowl and cook at 70 degrees, 3 minutes, speed 3.
Add seasoning of your choice, ie pepper and give a good stir as I find it sticks to the bottom. Cook at 90 degrees, 3 minutes or until thickened. Add more reserved liquid if you need to.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Satay Chicken
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Roll
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption
- Marinated flank steak
- Hanne's porcupines
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Shogayaki Donburi (Gingered Pork on rice)
- Shonna's Rissoles/Patties
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Tuna, Zucchini and Pea Slice
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Grain free chocolate mud cake cupcakes
- Bounty Cake
- Healthy chicken burgers
- French Chocolate Teacake
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- All in one apple, carrot and blueberry cake
- Zuchinni, rice slice
- Easy Lemon Cake
- Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry