- 40 g dark soy sauce
- 40 g oyster sauce
- 20 g fish sauce
- 270 g Pork Belly, rind removed and meat cut into pieces (2cm)
- 480 g chicken winglets, (approx 4 winglets)
- 4 sprig fresh coriander, roots trimmed, stalks and leaves separated
- 2 cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 tsp Whole Black Peppercorns
- 2 garlic cloves
- 100 g fresh shiitake mushrooms, cut into thin slices (3cm)
- 1250 g water
- 3 eggs
- 150 g fresh ramen noodles
- 200 g Chinese brocolli (gai lan), trimmed, cut into pieces (2cm)
- boiling water (for soaking)
- bean sprouts (to serve)
- 2 spring onions/shallots, trimmed and cut diagonal (to serve)
- dried chilli flakes (to serve)
- Place a large bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh soy sauce into it, then weigh oyster sauce, fish sauce, pork and chicken into it and toss to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and place into refrigerator for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight to marinate.
- Place coriander roots and stalks, ginger, peppercorns and garlic into a mixing bowl and chop 10 sec/speed 7.
- Add mushrooms and water. Insert simmering basket and place marinated chicken into it. Place Varoma dish into position and place marinated pork into it. Secure Varoma lid and steam 35 min/Varoma/speed 2.
- Add eggs to Varoma dish. Secure Varoma lid and steam 8min/Varoma/speed 2.
- Remove Varoma and transfer pork into a ThermoServer or other large bowl. Transfer eggs into a separate bowl and set aside to cool. Remove simmering basket with aid of spatula, add chicken to bowl with pork and cover to keep warm.
- Place a separate ThermoServer or other large bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh noodles into it. Set aside.
- Place Varoma dish back into position and weigh Chinese broccoli (gai lan) into it. Secure Varoma lid and steam 4-6 min/Varoma//speed 2, until just cooked. Meanwhile, cover noodles with boiling water and set aside for 2 minutes. Drain and return to bowl, cover to keep warm.
- Peel cooked eggs and cut into halves.
- To serve, divide noodles between 4 serving bowls. Top each bowl with reserved chicken, pork, Chinese broccoli and broth. Garnish with bean sprouts, spring onions/shallots, chilli flakes (optional), peeled eggs and coriander leaves just before serving.
Pork Belly Ramen
Find this recipe plus more Varoma recipes in our Cookidoo collection "Varoma entertaining made easy"
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Steamed Port Dumplings
- Variation Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
- Thick Chicken Pasta Broth
- Chicken Creamy Lemon Spinach Paprika TASTY QUICK 14mins
- Low fodmap steamed Chinese 5 spice chicken buns
- Individual Chicken Roulades with Cranberry and Macadamia Stuffing
- Chunky beef, bacon and red wine pie filling
- Frikkadel (Meatballs)
- Parmesan crusted chicken
- Spicy Moroccan Lamb Stew
- Creamy Chicken Canelloni
- Arroz Con Pollo Risotto
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Date and cardamom tart - Fouad Kassab
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- Moroccan cauliflower 'çous cous' salad - Fouad Kassab
- Pierogi with saurkraut and mushroom filling
- Zucchini, Ham and Corn Bites