- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 0.5 teaspoon white peppercorns
- 2 Red Chillies
- 2 eschalots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 sprigs coriander roots
- 6 centimetres ginger
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 0.5 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 500 grams pork mince
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 centimetres ginger
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 eggwhite
- 0.5 red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 400 grams coconut milk, or a tin
- 600 grams water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 70 grams long grain rice, per person
- broccoli, chopped
- cauliflower, chopped
- Capsicum, chopped
- carrots, chopped
1. Place garlic and ginger into bowl and chop for 5 seconds, speed 7. Scrape down.
2. Add remaining ingredients and mix for 20 seconds, speed 4.
3. Using wet hands, roll tablespoons of the mixture into meatballs. Place on upper Varoma tray and leave to refrigerate while making paste
1. Place coriander seeds, cumin seeds and peppercorns into bowl. Roast for 2 minutes, Varoma, speed 2.
2. Allow to cool to 60 degrees.
3. Mill for 4 minutes, speed 9.
4. Add all remaining ingredients on speed 8, 20 seconds. Scrape down bowl and repeat.
5. This makes enough red curry for two meals. So remove half to freeze for another time.
1. With red curry paste already in bowl, add fish sauce, coconut milk, water and stock.
2. Insert basket. Add rice.
3. Sit Varoma on top of bowl. Add vegetables on lower tray and meatballs on upper. Set time for 22 minutes, Varoma, speed 4.
4. Check rice is cooked. If not add another 3 minutes, speed 4, Varoma.
5. Assemble with rice followed by vegetables, followed by meatballs. Use any leftover sauce that was cooking the rice to pour over assembled meal. Drizzle with lime juice to serve.
Red Curry Paste
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Claypot Mushroom Chicken Rice
- pull pork stew
- Sesame Oil Whole Chicken - roast using Thermomix!
- alittliebityummy.com Low FODMAP Spaghetti Bolognese
- Minted Lamb Burgers
- Chicken Satay with peanut sauce
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Beef Roghan Josh Curry (GF)
- Maple Beef
- Double cooked Pork Ribs
- Lemon, garlic and chicken rissoto