- 1300 grams beef stock
- 400 grams Rump Steak (Semi Frozen), slice very thin. All visible fat removed
- 2 cm ginger knob, sliced thick
- 1 onion, thick sliced
- 3 star anise
- 2 cinnamon quills
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 375 grams flat rice noodles
- 50 grams fish sauce
- 1 handfull bean sprouts
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup basil
- 1/3 cup Mint Leaves
- 1/3 cup Coriander Leaves
- 1 lime
Place basil, mint & coriander into TM bowl. Chop 2 secs., sp.6. set aside.
Pour stock, sugar, fish sauce & 400 mls water into Tm Bowl.
Place ginger, onion, garlic, star anise & cinnamon into the rice basket. Place into the TM bowl.
Cook for 20 mins, 100 degrees, sp.3.
While stock is cooking, prepare noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain well (Varoma bowl is good for this ! )
Divide noodles among warmed bowls, then top with the very thinly sliced beef. (yes it is still raw - the hot stock will cook it)
Using the spatula, remove the rice basket. (the onion, and spices are now discarded).
Pour the hot stock into the bowls over the beef and noodles.
Top with the bean sprots.
Serve garnished with generous amounts of the chopped herbs, a little chilli and a wedge of lime.
Sliced snow peas are a great addition to this Pho dish. As is shredded Bok Choy to add some extra bulk.
* I have converted this recipe from a favourite on taste.com "Quick Beef Pho"
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef and vegetable stew
- CORNED MEAT, VEGIES & WHITE SAUCE
- Potato Bombs
- Thai Orange and Red Curry Chicken
- Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siu)
- Variation Creamy beef curry with cauliflower rice
- Cheat's Satay
- Fake Away Special 'Fried' rice.
- Feta Stuffed Chicken Bites with a Herb and Parmesan Crumb
- Mini Meatloaves with Pancetta (Donna Hay clone)
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Bulk Budget Lasagne