THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 heaped teaspoons Mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons Onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon EDC Chicken Stock Concentrate
- 2 leaves bay leaves
- 2 sprig rosemary, Dried will work
- 2 sprigs Oregano, Dried will work
- 1 sprig Tarragon, Dried will work
- 1.5 litres water, Top up as necessary so bird is submerged
- 300 grams Salted Cashews
- 100 grams pitted dates
- 50 grams sultanas or raisins (2 tablespoons)
- 60 grams Rum, Captain Morgan spiced rum is delicious
- 2 slices Stale, crusty bread, Optional
- 1 --- Size 35-45 Turkey
- 100 grams Salted herbed and garlic butter
- 3 cloves fresh garlic cubed into 6 small pieces
- 1 dash Oil to coat
- 1 dash Golden syrup to coat
- All pan juices and sticky bits
- 50g cornflour
- 60g water
- 1 level teaspoon EDC chicken stock
- 1 dash Cream (optional)
- seasoning to taste
26h 0minPreparation 24h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add mustard seeds, onion powder, garlic powder, Rosemary, tarragon and oregano, salt and pepper to thermomix. 20 sec/ speed 10 to grind.
2. Add 1tbs oil, 2mins/70degrees/speed 3 to release flavours
3. Add water and 2 bay leaves. 7mins/90 degrees/ speed 1
4. Add Turkey to brine until fully submerged. Cover. Allow to sit in brine in fridge overnight.
1. Pull the turkey out of brine and set it in baking dish.
2. Use your hand to slide between the flesh and skin. Be careful not to tear it. Place nobs of herbed butter under skin.
3. Stuff the cavity with the stuffing
4. Drizzle bird with golden syrup and oil and salt. Rub all over with hands. Move nobs of butter up onto breasts as it'll melt into bird.
5. Cover baking dish with foil and cook for 1hr.
6. Take out tray, uncover and baste bird with the juices in the tray. Return back to oven. Baste every half hour until juices run clear.
7. Take out bird and let rest for 15mins. Remove bird and place on slicing board/dish.
do not discard juices!
Serve with cold salads or roasted vegetables and gravy
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Favourite German mashpotato spinach cheese bake
- Chicken and Vegetable Pie
- Potato Gnocchi with creamy chicken and mushroom
- Dogs dinner - meat stew (quick and easy)
- Go to spaghetti Bolognese
- Steak &Kidney doughboys
- Crumbed Chicken Tenderloins
- Curry Chicken
- All in one version of Lala's creamy garlic butter chicken recipe
- Veg loaded Spaghetti Bolognese
- GF Slow cooker Roast Lamb Leg and Gravy
- Variation Honey Mustard Chicken
- BB's Chicken & Corn Soup
- Nanna Mary’s Banana Cake
- Pecan Pie
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Butternut Pumpkin Soup - onion free
- Melting Moments
- Raisin bread
- Chicken and Vegetable Pie
- JUMBO BREAD LOAF
- Maltese Galletti
- Janine's Spicy Popcorn Cauliflower - Thermie and Friends
- Sourdough discard Raisin Bread