- 1 chicken, size 10-12
- 20 g salt, for marinate
- 30 gram soy sauce, light, for marinate
- 30 gram soy sauce, dark, for marinate
- 30 gram sesame oil, for marinate
- 15 gram oyster sauce, for marinate
- 1 sticks spring onion, cut into 4cm length
- 2-4 slices ginger, cut into thin slices
- 1 pinches white pepper, for marinate
- 20 gram honey, liquid, for marinate
- 30 gram chinese cooking wine
1h 30minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Rub salt on to the surface of the whole chicken, both inside and outside, leave for 10mins, then transfer into a bowl
- stuff sping onion and ginger into the chicken inner, then put white pepper and honey into the bowl. Rub the chicken again until evenly covered in sauce
- Put the whole chicken into the bowl, with two legs at the bottom, and the bottom "sitting" on the blade.
- Cover the lid, pour rest of the marinate sauce and cooking wine into the bowl with the measuring cup on. Turn 35mins/VAROMA/speed
- The chicken should be turning with the blade, and "sit" still on the blade. Adjust the position of the chicken if needed before start cooking.
- In the middle of cooking, pause, then pour sauce out from the bowl, close the lid and pour the sauce back in with the measuring cup on. Repeat the process 3-4 times during cooking.
- When finished, let chicken set inside the bowl for further 10mins. The serve while hot.
Marinate the Chicken
Roast the Chicken in the Bowl!
- While cooking, put seasonal vegetables inside the Varoma tray and put it on top of the bowl.
- When serving, pour the sauce onto whole chicken with the vegetables on the side
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Claypot Mushroom Chicken Rice
- pull pork stew
- alittliebityummy.com Low FODMAP Spaghetti Bolognese
- Minted Lamb Burgers
- Chicken Satay with peanut sauce
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Beef Roghan Josh Curry (GF)
- Maple Beef
- Double cooked Pork Ribs
- Lemon, garlic and chicken rissoto
- AUTHENTIC THAI CASHEW CHICKEN