- 1 brown onion, peeled, halved
- 1 carrot, peeled, ends removed, halved
- 1 leek, washed, ends trimmed, chopped roughly or two sticks celery, roughly chopped
- 500 grams Leftover roast lamb or meat of your choice, chopped roughly
- 2 tablespoons flour plain
- 2 tablespoons Quirky Cooking chicken stock paste mixed with 2 cups of boiling water
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 800 gram peeled and chopped potatoes
- 40 grams Butter
- 1/2 --- cup milk &/or water
- melted butter to brush on top of pie
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 heaped tablespoons chia seeds
Recipe is created for
Chop onion, carrot and leek on speed 5 for 5 seconds
Add 1 TBS olive oil and cook for 5 minutes on Reverse speed 1
Add lamb and cook for 5 minutes on Reverse speed 1.
Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes on Reverse speed 1.
Add stock, bay leaf, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, chia seeds and tomato paste and cook on Reverse speed 1 for 30 minutes.
Taste and season with salt and pepper.
During cooking, preheat oven to 200 degrees fan forced.
Boil at least 1 litre water in kettle and pour into large pot on stove.
Add chopped potatoes and a little salt and place lid on pot and bring to boil.
Remove lid and allow the potatoes to boil until soft - test with fork.
Oil/butter large/8 cup pie dish/baking tray - ceramic or glass is best, I find.
Pour pie contents into dish and place in oven or leave on the bench if you have the luxury of space.
Add enough water to cover the blades of the TMX bowl then wash on speed 9 for 1 minute.
Pour water out and add butterfly.
Add boiled, drained potatoes, milk &/or water, salt and butter and mash for 20 seconds on speed 3.
Top pie contents with mashed potato using a fork to create a texture that will crisp nicely. Brush with butter and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until mashed potato is golden brown. Serve immediately. Goes nicely with homemade tomato/barbecue sauce.
Use any vegies you like up to the equivalent of those listed. You can just make it a complete vegie pie too.
Keep a spatula handy and regularly scrape down sides. Silicone ones are best.
You can use any type of stock in place of Quirky Cooking's.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Eggless edible cookie dough
- Delectable Millionaire’s Shortbread (Caramel Slice)
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- CRUMBLE CAKE WITH CUSTARD AND FRUIT (STREUSELKUCHEN)
- My Grandma`s Cheese Cake
- Sugar Cookie Dough
- Peanut butter and popcorn muesli bars
- Soph’s banana cake
- Chocolate chip biscuits
- Banana bread with sultanas
- No-bake hazelnut slice