- 6 cm piece fresh turmeric, whole
- 6 cm piece fresh ginger, whole
- 4 garlic cloves, whole, peeled
- 1 large onion
- 1 large tomato
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Vegetable stock paste
- 250 grams Bone Broth or Water
- 6 Lamb Shanks, for in a slow-cooker OR
- 800 grams lamb shoulder, whole, for slow-cooking in a TM6
- 1 carrots, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, cut into wedges (or 8ths)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Add turmeric, ginger, garlic, tomato and onion in to bowl and chop 8 secs/ sp 8.
Add tomato paste, vegetable stock paste and black pepper and mix 5 secs/sp 4
- FOR SLOW-COOK in TM6:
GO TO mirepoix recipe on cookidoo and brown onion, carrot and celery on HIGH TEMP as per the recipe.
Place your 800 gr of lamb shoulder or leg, whole, in the mixing bowl.
Add turmeric paste and 250 gr broth or water
GO TO SLOW COOK 8 hrs/ 95 degrees.
- FOR SLOW-COOK inTM5:
PLace onion, carrot and celery in bowl with 1 tblsp olive oil and chop 5 secs/ sp5.
Saute 3 mins/ varoma/ sp1.
Add 800 gr lamb shoulder or leg cut into 6 cm pieces .
Add turmeric paste and 250 gr bone broth or water and cook 90 mins/100/"Counter-clockwise operation" /sp"Gentle stir setting"
- FOR USING A SLOW-COOKER
Place turmeric paste, 1/2 cup bone broth or water, lamb shoulder or shanks, chunks of celery and carrot into slow-cooker and set to cook 8 hrs.
Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory properties and this meal is wonderful, rich and easy to digest
You can also use beef for this recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Goat Bhuna Ghost
- Mince and Cheese Pie
- Butter chicken using Pepper and Me Tandoori Paste
- Low Fodmap Sticky Pork Spare Ribs Gluten Free Dairy Free
- Chilli Con Carne - TM31 TM5 TM6
- Honey Soy Chicken – TM31 TM5 TM6
- Creamy garlic chicken
- Christmas Salad
- Asian Vegetable Stock Paste
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Thick Creamy Greek Yoghurt
- LCHF Seed Crackers
- Emily's Famous Fudge Brownie GF, double batch.
- Zesty Lemon Melting moments
- Healthy Banana, Pecan Apricot Loaf
- Caramel Kisses, Gluten Free
- French Blueberry Tart