- 250 g cassava flour
- 50 g Tiger nut flour
- 250 g lard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 tablespoons ice cold water
- 20 g olive oil
- 1 brown onion, Cut in half
- 600 g gravy beef, Diced
- 200 g Kidneys, Cut into quarters &white cores removed
- 2 carrots, Cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot flour
- 1 tablespoon Nomato sauce, See tips
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, See tips for compliant AIP
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable stock paste
- 100 g water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200 g fresh mushrooms, Sliced
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Add flours and salt to bowl. Turbo 2 seconds.
Add chopped lard.
Mix 5 sec/speed 5
Continue on speed 5 and add cold water 1 tablespoon at a time. You may not need all the water. Just add until dough comes together.
Remove dough from bowl and shape into ball. Flatten into disc and wrap in thermomat (or cling wrap) & place in fridge.
Place oil and onion into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add beef, kidneys and carrot and cook 5 min/100°C/reverse/speed 1.
Add flour, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, stock paste, water, salt and cook 60 min/90°C/reverse/speed soft.
Add mushrooms and cook 15 min/90°C/reverse/speed soft.
Grease ramekin bowls.
Roll out pastry to fit ramekins, making sure you leave some to cover the top once filling is added.
to cover the top once filling is added. Using a slotted spoon, transfer filling from bowl into ramekins leaving a 1 cm gap at the top.
You may need to thicken the gravy slightly. If so add 1-2 tablespoons arrowroot flour and cook 6 minutes/90degrees/speed 4.
Pour gravy over filling, to pastry edge, and reserve remaining gravy for serving. Brush pastry rim with water. Place pastry lid over gravy and firmly press edges together all the way around to seal.
For nomato sauce recipe:
For Worcestershire sauce recipe:
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Xanthe’s Butter Chicken
- Creamy chicken, bacon, mushroom & veggie pie filling
- Lamb Rogan Josh
- Bao Buns
- Thai Chicken and Pork Balls
- Chicken & Veg Galette
- Variation Clone of Chicken Enchiladas - Lauren
- Mouthwatering Meatloaf with Sensational Sauce
- Chicken Thai Green curry
- Gma's Meatloaf
- Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Creamy Sweet Chilli Chicken