- 400 g apple juice, freshly pressed if preferred
- 100 g light brown sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 cm cube ginger, peeled
- 20 g lime juice, (approx 1 lime)
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves
- ½ tsp black peppercorns
- ¼ tsp ground cardamon
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 2 star anise
- 1 cinnamon quill
- ¼ - ½ tsp dried chilli flakes, to taste
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp Apple Juice concentrate
- 2 kg pork spare ribs
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced, to garnish
- fresh coriander, leaves only, to garnish
Line two large, deep-sided baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
Place all ingredients, except spare ribs and garnish, into mixing bowl and cook 25 min/Varoma/speed 2, placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid. Strain sauce through simmering basket and set sauce aside.
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Lay ribs out in a single layer into prepared baking trays and pour reserved sauce over the top. Coat ribs well, then set aside to marinate for 20 minutes. Turn ribs over and allow to marinate for a further 20 minutes. Cover baking trays with aluminium foil and cook (180°C) for 1 hr 15 minutes.
Remove foil and continue to cook (180°C) for 20-25 minutes, or until marinade is sticky and golden brown. Place ribs onto a serving platter, pour sauce from pan on top and garnish with chilli and coriander. Serve warm.
For saucier ribs, reduce quantity of ribs to 1.5 kg and proceed as per recipe.
Perfect finger food to serve while watching your favourite sport with a light ale or lager with fruit undertones to complement the aromatic apple flavour.
You can serve sticky apple ribs as a main meal for four by serving with a side of coconut rice and a crunchy Asian salad.
Other users also liked...
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Satay Chicken
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Roll
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen