- 400 g apple juice, freshly pressed if preferred
- 100 g light brown sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 cm cube ginger, peeled
- 20 g lime juice, (approx 1 lime)
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves
- ½ tsp black peppercorns
- ¼ tsp ground cardamon
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 2 star anise
- 1 cinnamon quill
- ¼ - ½ tsp dried chilli flakes, to taste
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp Apple Juice concentrate
- 2 kg pork spare ribs
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced, to garnish
- fresh coriander, leaves only, to garnish
Line two large, deep-sided baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
Place all ingredients, except spare ribs and garnish, into mixing bowl and cook 25 min/Varoma/speed 2, placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid. Strain sauce through simmering basket and set sauce aside.
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Lay ribs out in a single layer into prepared baking trays and pour reserved sauce over the top. Coat ribs well, then set aside to marinate for 20 minutes. Turn ribs over and allow to marinate for a further 20 minutes. Cover baking trays with aluminium foil and cook (180°C) for 1 hr 15 minutes.
Remove foil and continue to cook (180°C) for 20-25 minutes, or until marinade is sticky and golden brown. Place ribs onto a serving platter, pour sauce from pan on top and garnish with chilli and coriander. Serve warm.
For saucier ribs, reduce quantity of ribs to 1.5 kg and proceed as per recipe.
Perfect finger food to serve while watching your favourite sport with a light ale or lager with fruit undertones to complement the aromatic apple flavour.
You can serve sticky apple ribs as a main meal for four by serving with a side of coconut rice and a crunchy Asian salad.
Other users also liked...
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Goat Bhuna Ghost
- Mince and Cheese Pie
- Butter chicken using Pepper and Me Tandoori Paste
- Low Fodmap Sticky Pork Spare Ribs
- Chilli Con Carne - TM31 TM5 TM6
- Honey Soy Chicken – TM31 TM5 TM6
- Lemongrass beef skewers with satay sauce
- Slow Cooked Pulled Mexican Beef
- Chicken & Potatoes w Lemon Caper Butter using Egg Boiler Mode
- Schnitzel Crumb
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Cacao Protein Slice
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Simple sausage rolls
- Sticky Date Slice
- Veggie Fritters
- Choc-chip zucchini banana cake
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Pickled Beetroot
- All Green Stock Powder
- Super Easy Waffles