- 900 g Chicken Thighs diced
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 Red onions quartered
- 55 g brown sugar
- 65 g kecap manis
- 65 g light soy sauce
- 70 g water
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar, approx 30 g
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce, approx 30 g
- 3 whole star anise
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 portions Steamed Rice
- 4 portions Asian greens
1h 5minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place the Garlic in the bowl , chop for 5 seconds speed 5 (MC ON)
Add the Red Onion to the bowl , chop for 7 seconds, speed 5 (MC ON)
Add the butterfly, ensuring it is DEFINITELY secured correctly. If it is not secured, the butterfly may come out during the cooking process.
Add the Chicken, Brown Sugar, Kecap Manis, Light Soy Sauce, Water, Rice Wine Vinegar, Oyster Sauce, Star Anise, Cinnamon Sticks and Black Pepper to bowl..
Cook for 60 minutes, 100 degrees, Reverse Low Speed with MC OFF.
It is at this point I place the simmering basket on top to avoid splatters.
Once complete, the sauce should have thickened and the Chicken cooked though and tender.
Serve with Rice and Asian Greens
The Butterfly is used to stop the chicken being shredded during the cooking process.
I usually stop cooking once the sauce has thickened and changed to a dark colour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Sweet & Sour Pork Belly
- Mum T's meatloaf
- Spicy beef
- Meatloaf with Barbecue Sauce
- Roast chicken low carb
- Chicken sausage & macaroni casserole
- Thai chicken cakes with satay sauce and pickled cucumber drizzle
- Satay Chicken
- Portuguese Pea stew - Ervilhas com ovos escalfados
- Variation Chicken, Bacon, Pumpkin & Spinach Risotto
- Quick Quiche Boats
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Traditional ANZAC biscuits
- Apple and cinnamon muffins
- Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits
- Hot cross buns
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Sweet curry with crumbed chicken on cous cous
- Claypot Rice
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Hemp rolls Vegan/Paleo/Gaps
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats