- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 cm lemon grass stalk
- 1 Kaffir lime leaf
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 cm raw ginger
- 1 tbsp fish sauce, or 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- 12 Lettuce leave cups, or spinach leaves
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Cube the chicken breasts and freeze for 15 minutes.
Place lemon grass, kaffir lime leaf, garlic, ginger in the TM Bowl and chop Speed 7 for 2 seconds, scrape down and repeat 3 or 4 times.
Then add the slightly frozen chicken breast. Turbo on 2 seconds 5 or 6 times, or up to 9 or 10 times until the chicken is all chopped. Then add the fish sauce or salt and chop on speed 8 for 20 seconds, it should now be very smooth, so sign of chicken fibres.
Use the spatula to move the mixture from between the blades so you can insert the butterfly securely. Add the coconut cream and slowly go to speed 4, mix for 20 seconds until whipped and creamy looking.
Spoon the mixture into a bowl as much as possible, then put the bowl with the butterly still in place back on the base and flick the remaining chicken mixture off at speed 4 for 2 seconds. Scrape out what is now on the side of the bowl to add to the bowl of mixture.
Wash out the TM bowl and lid, put 1 litre of water in the bowl and set to varoma, 25 minutes, speed 2.
Put some baking paper on the Varoma bowl and tray - make sure there are plenty of holes showing so the steam can circulate.
Put the lettuce or spinach leaves on a board, spoon or pipe the chicken mixture into the leaves and roll up if necessary (or use 2 spoons to make quenelles). Place in the Varoma dish and tray and steam for 15 to 20 minutes (depending on size, check they are cooked all the way through).
Serve as hors d'oeurve or with noodles and vegetables as main course.
That Chicken Lettuce Cups
Alternatively bake the quenelle shapes on an oven tray for 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken and veggie potato bake
- Beef fajitas
- Pasta-less Lasagne
- Chicken and Yoghurt Curry (Dahi Murgh)
- Poached Chicken in Lemongrass Broth
- Lemon and Garlic Yoghurt Chicken
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Easy Cheats Chicken and Vegetable Pie Filling
- Shepherd’s Pie (Low Carb)
- Japanese Katsu chicken curry
- Coconut and cashew chicken
- Chicken with mandarin and star anise
- Gluten Free White Baguette
- Pumpkin Cupcake with Ginger Icing
- Dulche de leche (3 ingredients)
- Chestnut Cupcakes with Caramel Filling and Chestnut buttercream icing
- Black Russian Cupcake and Kahlua Buttercream Icing
- Asian Flavour Fish Quenelles (Varoma)
- Hot Water Pastry Beef Mince Snack Pie
- Hot Water Pastry
- Edmonds Brandy Snaps
- Raw Simnel Cake
- Salmon with Ginger and Coriander