- 300 grams Red Rice, Rinsed until water runs clear
- 30 grams Extra Rice
- 600 grams Chicken Thigh meat, partially frozen
- 2 heaped tablespoons szechuan peppercorns
- 2 heaped tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 heaped tablespoon cummin seeds
- 20 grams fresh ginger
- 1-2 large red chillies
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2-3 centimetres lemongrass
- 5 sprigs fresh coriander
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Stock Concentrate (EDC)
- 4-6 portions asian vegetables, e.g. carrots, snow peas, mushrooms, red peppers, celery
Recipe is created for
Rinse red rice until water runs clear, and then soak in water until ready to cook.
Mill the extra rice for 30 seconds on speed 8 and set aside
Place szechuan pepper, coriander seeds and cummin into TM bowl and dry roast for 3 minutes at speed 2 at 100 degrees.
Add ginger, chillies, garlic, lemongrass and fresh coriander and chop for 10 seconds on speed 9.
Add reserved rice flour
Add partially frozen chicken and mince for 1 minute at speed 6
Add egg and vegetalbe stock and mix for 20 seconds at speed 5.
Shape mixture into 6-8 cakes and place on Varoma tray. Do not bother rinsing the bowl.
Place one litre hot water into bowl and set steaming basket with rice into bowl.
Put complete Varoma unit into place (with basket empty for the moment) and steam for 15 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 4.
Add Asian vegetables to Varoma basket and steam a further 10 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 4.
You might like to drizzle the chicken cakes with your favorite Sweet (or hot) chilli sauce
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Mustard and chive chicken
- Clean Thai Beef Salad with Brown Rice
- Sous Vide Rib
- Padang Style Chicken Curry Recipe
- Curried Sausages
- Slow cooked Curried Sausages - with hidden veggies
- Variation Kid-friendly pearl couscous bolognese for Mum and baby
- Thai Chicken or Fish Patties
- Slow Cooked Silverside/Corned Beef
- Baked lemon & chicken rissoto
- Yummo meatballs & sauce - oven cooked
- Courgette Flan
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- The Best Cinnamon Scrolls you'll ever eat!
- Pasta Arrabiata (all-in-one)
- Roasted Jalapeno / Jalapeño and Chicken Soup
- Roasted Jalapeño / Jalapeno Soup
- Variation Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- Whole bitter/lemon bundt cake
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Dairy free creamy broccoli soup
- Quick Pumpkin Soup
- Ooba Carrot Cake