THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 4 portions chicken breasts (free range)
- 60 g parmesan cheese cubed
- 2 cloves organic garlic
- 100 g Macadamia Nuts (raw)
- 30 + 20 g Evoo, cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 5 g chilli oil
- 2-3 sprigs fresh basil (leaves only)
- 4 slices bacon, rind and fat removed, can use &#039;short cuts&#039;
- 1 pomegranate, deseed, set aside
- 1/2 red capsicum ( bell pepper), diced, set aside
- 1/2 red onion ( spanish ), diced, set aside
- 100 g firm fetta cheese, diced, set aside
- sea salt flakes and ground black pepper, to taste
- 200 g Raw Buckwheat, rinse and soak , set aside
- 1 lemon, juiced , set aside
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half, set aside
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Make pesto - place parmesan in clean TM bowl. grate 5 secs sp 6.
Add macadamia nuts and garlic cloves. Blitz 4 sec sp 6 . Scrape down.
Add basil leaves, with motor running at speed 4 add EVOO and chilli oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. You may need to scrape down to complete pesto. Set aside
Remove tendeloins from chicken ( reserve for another dish) flatten slightly. Press each chicken breast with the pesto mix. Cover with a slice of bacon.
Set chicken onto varoma tray.
Add approximately 500ml of tap water to TM bowl. Set varoma tray into position.
Set time 7 minutes, temperature Varoma and speed 3.
Meanwhile , drain soaked buckwheat into steamer basket. Add strainer basket with buckwheat into postion. Place varoma with chicken back on top.
Set time 12 minutes, temperature Varoma, speed 3.
When time up check to make sure chicken cooked through. (Set buckwheat aside if chicken needs extra time)
Tip buckwheat into thermo server , add pomegrante seeds, capsicum, red onion, salt and pepper and lemon juice and extra EVOO, Stir through, then add fetta & cherry tomoatoes and stir through.
Serve chicken on a bed of the warm salad.
Macadamia Pesto crusted chicken breast
Buckwheat & Pomegranate warm salad
Accessories you need
IF you have pomegrante molasses ( you can make in the themomix ) a dessertspoonful stirred through the buckwheat salad ( instead of the lemon jiuce) is delicious.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Steamed South Pacific Fish
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Lemon Curd & Cream Cheese Scrolls with Vanilla glaze
- Lemon Curd
- Bacon and Cheese Pizza Muffins
- Apple Cinnamon Squares
- Amazing Mac and cheese
- Baby beetroot , feta & horseradish dip
- Lemon Fudge
- Creamy Bacon and Veggie Pies
- Baked Lemon Curd Cheesecake/s