- 1 bunch baby beetroot, scrubbed and cut into quarters
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 med carrot, chopped
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 300 g pearl barley
- 250 g red wine
- 2 tsp TM vegetable stock concentrate
- 1000 g water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1/2 cup toasted Walnuts
- 1 cup fresh goats curd
- 1 handful of rocket
- 1 tsp walnut or olive oil
- 1 tsp Tuckeroo Bush Tomato Balsamic
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan
Line a baking tray with non-stick paper. Place the beets in a single layer on the tray and drizzle olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in oven on 200C for 15 min.
Place onion, garlic, carrot and thyme into mixing biowl and chop 5 sec/speed 7.
Add olive oil and butter and saute 5 min/100C/speed 1.
Add barley, wine, 500g water and 1 tbs of TM stock and cook 10 min/Varoma/speed 2. Check regularly and top with remaining 500g water and 1 tbs stock as it is absorbed. Cook a further 15-20 min/Varoma/speed 2 until barley is tender.
Stir the roast beets into risotto.
Grill the asparagus.
Toss rocket and walnuts in the oil with Tuckeroo balsamic.
Stir the parmesan into the risotto and serve onto plates. Garnish with asaparagus spears, rocket and wanut salad and a good dollop of goats curd.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Satay noodle salad
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Mild Capsicum Soup
- Zucchini and Lettuce Soup
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- mint sauce tm5
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- Green wellness juice
- Banana Bread
- No bake Malteser cheesecake with caramilk swirl
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Layelle’s too easy chocolate tart
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- Teriyaki salmon with rice
- Caramilk Delight
- Vegan espresso coconut cream caramel