- 100 g Cashews, (see Tips)
- 0.5 tsp salt
- filtered water, for soaking
- 100 g coconut milk
- 1 lime, zested and juiced, no white pith
- 1 tsp salt
- 80 g breadcrumbs of choice, (see Tips)
- 30 g Shredded coconut
- 1.5 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 0.5 tsp Garlic powder
- 0.25 tsp ground turmeric
- 0.25 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Head of Cauliflower, cut into florets (approx. 2-3 cm)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- 150 g filtered water
- 2 tsp chipotle chillies in adobo sauce, (approx. 1 chilli)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves only
- 0.5 g Garlic powder
- 1-2 pinches salt
- 1-2 pinches ground black pepper
- 12 tortillas
- Refried beans, (see Tips)
- cos lettuce, finely shredded
- pickled red cabbage, (see Tips)
3h 45minPreparation 3h 45minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place a bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh cashews into it (see Tips). Add salt, cover with water and set aside to soak for 3-6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray (30 x 40 cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- Place a shallow bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh coconut milk into it. Add lime zest and juice and 0.5 teaspoon of the salt. Stir to combine, then set aside.
- Place breadcrumbs, coconut, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, turmeric, pepper and remaining 0.5 teaspoon salt into mixing bowl and mix 20 sec/speed 6. Transfer into a separate shallow bowl. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Dip each cauliflower floret into coconut milk mixture, then dip into breadcrumb mixture, gently patting each side to coat. Place onto prepared baking tray and spray with oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes (200°C) or until golden and crispy. Meanwhile, proceed with recipe.
- Using simmering basket, drain and rinse soaked cashews. Place drained cashews into mixing bowl and blend 10 sec/speed 10.
- Add water, chipotle chilli, lime juice, coriander, garlic powder, salt and pepper and blend 2 min/speed 8.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and blend for a further 20 sec/speed 8 or until smooth.
- To assemble, top tortillas with refried beans, lettuce, 2-3 crumbed cauliflower florets and pickled cabbage. Serve with Chipotle sauce.
If you don't have time to soak/activate your cashews, soak nuts in boiling water for 30 minutes, then drain and use as directed.
To make your own breadcrumbs, place 200 g bread of choice (cut into 3 cm pieces) into mixing bowl and chop 9-10 sec/speed 4. To make this recipe gluten free, ensure that you use gluten free bread.
You can find pickled red cabbage in most major supermarkets. To make your own, weigh 150 g thinly sliced red cabbage and 20 g vinegar (red wine or apple cider vinegar) into a bowl and toss to combine. Set aside for several minutes to pickle lightly. You can store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Satay noodle salad
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Mild Capsicum Soup
- Zucchini and Lettuce Soup
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Heidi's German Butterkuchen (Buttercake)
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Zucchini Slice - paleo, keto, gluten free
- Caramel butterscotch scrolls
- Sweet Vanilla and Orange Trail Mix
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- Aunty Jessie’s Jam Sponge Cake
- Banana Bread
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- One-banana Banana Bread