- 30 grams coconut oil or (EVOO)
- 1 centimetre finger fresh tumeric
- 1 red onion, peeled and halved
- 2 --- garlic cloves
- --- handful of flat leaf parsley, including some stems
- 1 red chilli, fresh
- 4 beetroot leaves
- 350 grams fresh tomato, or one can
- 400 grams du Puy Lentils, (French Green Lentils)
- 70 grams kale leaf, stalk removed
- 2 VSC, (TM vege stock concentrate)
- 1 lime juice
- 550 grams water
- sour cream, or natural yoghurt
- fresh coriander
- limes for squeezing
Chop tumeric, onion, garlic, parsley, chilli, and beetroot leaves 5 seconds on speed 7.
Add oil and sauté for 2 mins at 100 degrees, speed 1.
Pour the presoaked (overnight) and drained lentils into the TM bowl and stir 5 secs to coat the lentils with the oil.
Add the tomatoes, coarsely chopped kale, VSC, lime juice and water.
Cook for 25 mins at 100 degrees, reverse Serve in bowls with a dollop of sour cream or natural yoghurt, a sprinkling of herbs and a squeeze of lime.
Variant of Lentilles au Vin Blanc (Lentils with White Wine, Herbs & Tomatoes) - with lime juice & no wine!
I made this recipe because i already had my favourite du Puy lentils soaking overnight. If you haven't had time to soak the lentils you can use red lentils or cook longer a la Lentilles au Vin Blanc. If you like the idea of using kale, follow that recipe and add kale or silverbeet in the last 20 minutes of cooking.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Asian Style Mushroom Soup
- Roasted Pumpkin and Onion Ravioli
- Sicilian Eggplant Bolognese
- Chick Pea Tofu
- Veg Nachos Recipe
- Vegetarian Chickpea and Mushroom Burgers
- Chickpea stuffed zucchini
- Spicy Vegetable Chapati Wraps
- Vegetable Chow Mein
- Sweet potato and chickpea kofta curry lime dressing
- Vegetarian Lasagne (Gluten free Dairy free option)
- Cauliflower, Paneer and Pea Curry: