- 300 grams chickpea, dried
- 300 grams broad bean, dried
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 1 bunch fresh dill, approx 1 cup
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 heaped tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tbsp stock paste
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- sesame seeds, (optional)*
24h 30minPreparation 24h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Soak chickpeas and beans in water for 18-24 hours. Drain thoroughly and remove any loose skins.
2. Add onion, garlic, spring onion and dill to bowl. Chop 3sec/Sp5. Scrape down sides of bowl.
3. Add about a third of the soaked beans and chickpeas into the bowl. Mix 15secs/speed5. Repeat if necessary to achieve a cous cous like consistency. Empty mixture into another container/bowl.
4. In two batches, repeat step 2 with remaining chickpeas and beans. Empty mixture into bowl with the first batch.
5. Add all remaining ingredients into the chickpea/bean mixture and stir with a fork until thoroughly combined. For best results, chill mixture in the fridge for an hour or two before cooking.
6. Roll blended ingredients into palm sized balls with hands and flatten slightly.
7. Heat oil to 180 degrees. Fry falabel in small batches to achieve a brown colour all over - you may need to turn during frying to achieve even colour.
8. Remove falafel from oil, drain on paper towel and serve immediately.
Accessories you need
* If desired, lightly roll falafel balls in sesame seeds before or after cooking.
Can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Honey mustard chicken
- Japanese Wasabi Egg Salad
- Japanese Wasabi Potato Salad
- Rosemary & Garlic Broccoli Bread
- Deep Pan Pizza Dough
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Veg Thai green curry recipe
- Pumpkin Pie
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- Blue Cheese & Sesame Biscuits
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice