- 4 slice prosciutto, (optional)
- 80 g parmesan, cubed
- 1 brown onion, peeled and halved
- 2 clove garlic fresh, peeled
- 50 g Butter, (20g reserved)
- 1 fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes, dried
- 350 g quinoa grains
- 100 g white wine
- 1000 g water
- 2 tbsp TM vegetable stock concentrate
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 80 g mascarpone - italian cheese
- 1 tablespoons sprigs of fresh dill, chopped
If using, pan fry prosciutto until crispy then tear/cut into shreds. Set aside.
Place parmesan in TM bowl and mill for 4 seconds on speed 10. Set aside.
Place onion and garlic into the TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 7.
Add 30g butter, sliced fennel and chilli flakes, cook for 4 minutes at 100°, + speed 1-2.
Add quinoa and wine, cook for 2 minutes at 100°, + speed 1-2.
Add water and stock concentrate, cook 18 mins, 100°, , speed 1-2. Place basket on top of lid to avoid splashing.
Once cooked, pour into thermoserver and stir through lemon juice, remaining butter, mascarpone, dill, salt, pepper and grated parmesan. Let quisotto sit for 10 minutes.
Serve (topped with prosciutto if using).
Accessories you need
To make preparation even quicker – you could chop the fennel with the onion and garlic.
Don’t be tempted to cook the quisotto further – it will look like it needs longer, but sitting it for 10 minutes will make it just right. Have faith!!
Leave prosciutto out for a vegetarian dish.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Almond Sushi “Rice”
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Zucchini with tomato (kosa a banadoura)
- Thai Brinjal and Tomato Soup
- FODMAP Friendly Lentil Bolognaise
- Red Lentil Dahl
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spinach Pie aka Spanakopita
- Thai Green Curry Recipe With Spring Vegetables:
- TVP Bolognese (Vegan)