- 115 g red lentils
- 60 g parsley
- 115 g hazelnuts
- 115 g walnuts
- 1 large onion, cut into quarters
- 1 Large carrot, roughly chopped
- 2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 115 g mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 50 g Butter
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 30 g tomato sauce
- 30 g Worchestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
2h 45minPreparation 1h 30minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
1. Soak the lentils in cold water for 1 hour then drain well.
2. Put the parsley in the mixing bowl and chop 3 seconds, speed 7. Remove from bowl and set aside. Do not clean bowl.
3. Put the hazelnuts and walnuts in the mixing bowl and mill for 3 seconds, speed 7. They should be quite fine, but not too smooth. Remove from bowl and set aside (add to parsley is fine). Do not clean bowl.
4. Put onion, carrot, celery and mushrooms in bowl and chop for 3 seconds, speed 5. Scrap down sides of bowl. Add butter and cook 5 minutes, varoma, speed 1, .
5. Scrap down sides of bowl and add the curry powder to the mixing bowl and cook for a further 1 minute, varoma, speed 1 . Remove the lid and allow the mixture to cool in the bowl.
6. In the meantime, grease and line the base and sides of a 1kg loaf tin with greaseproof paper. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celcius.
7. Once the mixture in the mixing bowl is cool, add the parsley, nuts, drained lentils and all remaining ingredients and mix speed 5, 10 seconds, or until all ingredients are well mixed.
8. Add mixture to prepared loaf tin, then bake in the oven for about 1-1 1/4 hours until just firm. Cover the top with foil if it starts to burn. Allow the loaf to stand for about 15 minutes before you turn it out and peel off the paper. It will be fairly soft when cut as it is a moist loaf.
Accessories you need
This is a good vegetarian alternative to the Sunday roast. I like to serve with steamed peas, roast pumpkin and potatoes, and gravy.
This recipe, and the photo, have been adapted from 'The complete encyclopedia of vegetables and vegetarian cooking', by Roz Denny and Christine Ingram, 1997, p. 284.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- "I can't believe it's not Butter Chicken" - Vegan Butter Chicken
- Curry Spiced Chick Pea Wrap (Flat Bread)
- Satay coconut curried vegetables
- Spicy Mexican Bowl with Avocado
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Mushroom Wellington
- Ultimate Vegan Cleansing Salad
- Fresh tomato tart
- Bok choy and coconut curry
- Savoury Oat Flour Pancakes
- Lisa's Banana Muffins
- Hot cross buns
- Protein bars
- Chocolate Crackle Egg Nests
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Sweet curry with crumbed chicken on cous cous
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Banana Spelt Muffins
- Hemp rolls Vegan/Paleo/Gaps
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Variation Apricot Chicken