- 200 g brown lentils, (not tinned)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 3 Small Potatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons Vege Stock Concentrate
- 650 g water
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 40 g olive oil, extra virgin
8Recipe is created for
Chop garlic on speed 7 for 5 seconds.
Add oil and saute for 2 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1.
Rinse lentils and add to TM bowl along with diced potatoes and carrots.
Saute at 100 degrees on speed for 1 minute on .
Add stock concentrate, salt and water and cook for 40 minutes on and on with MC removed and TM basket on mixing bowl lid to allow evaporation.
Once cooked check if the lentils are cooked to your liking. If you want to cook longer add a little extra water and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Once cooked put in a cassorole dish or ThermoServer and leave the lid off and let sit for a few minutes. The lentils will further absorb the liquid. Serve with some rice. Very tasty, cheap and healthy meal.
Add Zuccini or other veges that you like.
You can steam an omlette in the varoma or some fish to go with the Lentil dish. If you do this add about an extra 150g of water and cook the dish at varoma temp.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- "I can't believe it's not Butter Chicken" - Vegan Butter Chicken
- Curry Spiced Chick Pea Wrap (Flat Bread)
- Satay coconut curried vegetables
- Spicy Mexican Bowl with Avocado
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Mushroom Wellington
- Ultimate Vegan Cleansing Salad
- Fresh tomato tart
- Bok choy and coconut curry
- Savoury Oat Flour Pancakes
- Deb's tasty Cauliflower Soup
- Roast chicken low carb
- Vegan Spanakopita / Spanakopitakia (Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta triangles)
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Chicken sausage & macaroni casserole
- Capsicum tomato pasta sauce
- Artisan apple bread
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Low FODMAP Creamy Mustard & Maple Sauce
- Vegan Smokey split pea and ham soup adapted from Catching Seeds
- Lemon Marshmallow Slice