- 200 g brown lentils, (not tinned)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 3 Small Potatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons Vege Stock Concentrate
- 650 g water
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 40 g olive oil, extra virgin
Chop garlic on speed 7 for 5 seconds.
Add oil and saute for 2 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1.
Rinse lentils and add to TM bowl along with diced potatoes and carrots.
Saute at 100 degrees on speed for 1 minute on .
Add stock concentrate, salt and water and cook for 40 minutes on and on with MC removed and TM basket on mixing bowl lid to allow evaporation.
Once cooked check if the lentils are cooked to your liking. If you want to cook longer add a little extra water and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Once cooked put in a cassorole dish or ThermoServer and leave the lid off and let sit for a few minutes. The lentils will further absorb the liquid. Serve with some rice. Very tasty, cheap and healthy meal.
Add Zuccini or other veges that you like.
You can steam an omlette in the varoma or some fish to go with the Lentil dish. If you do this add about an extra 150g of water and cook the dish at varoma temp.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spicy Black Bean Burger
- Brown Rice & Lentil Burgers
- Indian Style Dhal with spinach & tomatoes
- Stir fried broccoli
- Spicy Kale and quinoa salad
- Stir Fry Green Beans
- Mujaddara - Lentils and Rice
- Vegan Creamy Mushroom and Garlic Pasta Sauce
- Chicken Loaf style seitan (vegan meat)
- Pulled pork style seitan (vegan meat)
- Vegetable Bake
- Shredded chicken style seitan (vegan meat)