- 200 g brown lentils, (not tinned)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 large carrot, diced
- 3 Small Potatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons Vege Stock Concentrate or one beef stock cube
- 650 g water
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 40 g olive oil, extra virgin
Recipe is created for
- Soak lentils overnight then rinse. Chop garlic on speed 7 for 5 seconds.
Add oil and saute for 2 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1.
Add lentils to TM bowl.
Saute at 100 degrees on speed "Gentle stir setting" for 1 minute on "Counter-clockwise operation" .
Add stock, salt and water and cook for 20 minutes on "Counter-clockwise operation" and on "Gentle stir setting" with MC removed and TM basket on mixing bowl lid to allow evaporation.
After 20 minutes add potatoes and carrots and cook for a further 20 minutes.
Once cooked check if the lentils are cooked to your liking. If you want to cook longer add a little extra water and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Once cooked put in a cassorole dish or ThermoServer and leave the lid off and let sit for a few minutes. The lentils will further absorb the liquid. Serve with some rice. Very tasty, cheap and healthy meal.
Accessories you need
Add Zuccini or other veges that you like.
You can steam an omlette in the varoma or some fish to go with the Lentil dish. If you do this add about an extra 150g of water and cook the dish at varoma temp.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rissoles, darl!
- Creamed Corn
- “Wild” Chicken Salad
- KETO FRIENDLY SALSBURY STEAK WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE
- Inky's (dairy free) Rhubarb & Raspberry Curd
- Semolina Cake
- Satay Marinade
- Singapore Hokkien Mee
- Miso soup with prawns and mushroom
- Keto Nutty Seeded Crackers
- Basmati rice pilaf with fruit and nuts
- Lemon Cloud Cheesecake