- 1 medium onion, – peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, or ghee
- 1 tablespoon ginger - fresh
- 2 cloves garlic, - fresh
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tspn ground coriander
- 1 tspn turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 fresh chilli, – optional
- 3-4 cups water (stock optional)
- 1 ½ cups dried red lentils
- 1 – 2 cups diced seasonal vegetables (I l ike the visual effect of carrots and cauliflower with the red lentils)
- 1 cup l oosely packed fresh coriander leaves – optional
- Fresh lemon or lime
- • For a richer flavour add 1 can of chopped tomatoes instead of 1 cup of water
- • Or add 1 can of unsweetened coconut milk and reduce 1 cup of water – gives a silky richness to this South Indian style dish
Place garlic and peeled ginger into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 7. Set aside
Place onion into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 7. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with the spatula.
Add oil or ghee and sauté for 2 minutes at 100⁰C on speed 1.
Add chopped garlic and ginger and sauté for 2 minutes at 100⁰C on speed 1.
( I guess you could add the onion, ginger and garlic all at once but I tried to follow the original recipe to the letter.)
Add cumin, coriander, turmeric, salt and chilli and sauté for 1 minute at 100⁰C on speed 1.
Add water / stock / tomatoes / coconut milk and lentils and cook for 5 minutes at 100⁰C on speed 1.
Add chopped vegetables and cook for 20 minutes at 100⁰C on + speed 1.
Season with salt and serve with coriander leaves and fresh lemon or lime juice.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Overnight Oats with stewed Apple and Rhubarb
- Easy Pav Bhaji (Mix veg mash)
- Vegetarian Sausage Rolls
- Puttanesca Sauce
- Spicy pumpkin and pea quinoa
- Vegan coconut chickpea curry
- Italian Vegetable Risotto
- Nutty chickpea and sweet potato curry - kid friendly
- Red Lentil, Chickpea & Coriander Dahl (adapted from Woolworths Magazine)
- Silverbeet and Rice Bake
- Apple and Cinnamon Porridge
- FODMAP friendly Eggplant Curry
- Gluten Free Sweet Chili & Cheese Muffins
- Celebration saffron and sage bread with ginger butter
- Nanna's Pasties
- Pork Bun
- Courgette soup Lou`s way
- Creamy chicken Kiev
- Upside down choc chip banana cake
- Gluten Free and Dairy Free Fluffy Banana Pancakes - No added sugar
- Variation Roasted Pumpkin and Mushroom Risotto
- Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Coconut Oil Flour Tortillas
- Choc Chip Oat Cookies