- 1 medium onion, – peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, or ghee
- 1 tablespoon ginger - fresh
- 2 cloves garlic, - fresh
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tspn ground coriander
- 1 tspn turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 fresh chilli, – optional
- 3-4 cups water (stock optional)
- 1 ½ cups dried red lentils
- 1 – 2 cups diced seasonal vegetables (I l ike the visual effect of carrots and cauliflower with the red lentils)
- 1 cup l oosely packed fresh coriander leaves – optional
- Fresh lemon or lime
- • For a richer flavour add 1 can of chopped tomatoes instead of 1 cup of water
- • Or add 1 can of unsweetened coconut milk and reduce 1 cup of water – gives a silky richness to this South Indian style dish
8Recipe is created for
Place garlic and peeled ginger into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 7. Set aside
Place onion into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 7. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with the spatula.
Add oil or ghee and sauté for 2 minutes at 100⁰C on speed 1.
Add chopped garlic and ginger and sauté for 2 minutes at 100⁰C on speed 1.
( I guess you could add the onion, ginger and garlic all at once but I tried to follow the original recipe to the letter.)
Add cumin, coriander, turmeric, salt and chilli and sauté for 1 minute at 100⁰C on speed 1.
Add water / stock / tomatoes / coconut milk and lentils and cook for 5 minutes at 100⁰C on speed 1.
Add chopped vegetables and cook for 20 minutes at 100⁰C on + speed 1.
Season with salt and serve with coriander leaves and fresh lemon or lime juice.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Brown Rice & Lentil Burgers
- Indian Style Dhal with spinach & tomatoes
- Stir fried broccoli
- Spicy Kale and quinoa salad
- Stir Fry Green Beans
- Mujaddara - Lentils and Rice
- Vegan Creamy Mushroom and Garlic Pasta Sauce
- Chicken Loaf style seitan (vegan meat)
- Pulled pork style seitan (vegan meat)
- Vegetable Bake
- Shredded chicken style seitan (vegan meat)
- Beetroot Burgers
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Sultana Cookies - Gluten, Dairy, Egg and Nut Free
- Fair Dinkum Beef pies
- Variation Thermonat's chicken pie
- Ruth’s Sourdough Rye Turkish Bread
- Celeriac & Parmesan Soup with Pear
- Black Buger Buns
- Eggless Double Chocolate Choc Chip Cookies
- Almond Sesame Crackers (LCHF)
- Vegan Nut Free Nutella
- Blueberry bread / loaves dairy free sugar free Healthy