- 1 brown onion, peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 Red Chillies, or to preference
- 30 g olive oil
- 2 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 400 g basmati rice
- 800 g water
- 50 g Vegetable stock paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can KIDNEY BEANS, rinsed and drained
- fresh coriander leaves to garnish
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add onion, garlic and chillies to the bowl and chop on Speed 6 for 2 seconds. Add oil and cumin and cook for 5 minutes at Varoma Reverse Speed 1.
Set your TM5 to Automated Cooking for Boiled Rice. When asked to add water add 800g. Tap NEXT. Add stock paste INSTEAD of salt, tap NEXT. Add bay leaf, tap NEXT and set Auto mode going. This will now warm the water
When prompted add your rice 400g, and also add your beans and lemon juice. Tap NEXT, continue with Auto mode.
We served this with tortillas, salsa, feta and chicken that had been bashed, marinated in 1 tsp each of smoked paprika, ground cumin, ground coriander and salt and olive oil. Then fried in a pan.
NOTE: I only made 400g rice with 800g water which was more than enough for us but if you are feeding a crowd you can add 500g rice to 1000g water.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Veggie Fritters
- Vegan Dhal Tadka
- Vegan Dahl Makhani
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Mujadara
- Palak "Paneer" (with halloumi)
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Variation Mexican beans
- Baked beans alkalise cleanse friendly
- ZUCCHINI AND CARROT FRITTERS – EGG FREE
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /