- 1 large eggplant, sliced
- olive oil, for basting
- 20 gram olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 420 grams Tinned Diced Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon tomato puree or tomato paste
- 1 tin kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 50 grams red wine
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 40 grams Corn Flour
- 120 grams Cheddar cheese, reserved from grating
- 600 grams Milk
- 150-200 gram Cheddar, Grated. 120g used in White Sauce
1h 30minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
Grate 150g-200g cheddar cheese 10secs Speed 9.
Set cheese aside - reserving approx 120g from cheese sauce & 80g to sprinkle over moussaka when baking
Place sliced eggplant on baking tray lined with bakers paper.
Brush both sides with oil
Bake in 190deg oven for approx 20minutes or until golden
Place garlic & onion in TM Bowl. Chop 3sec speed 7
Add diced red capsicum & oil. Saute 3minutes Varoma Speed 1
Add tomatoes, tomato puree, beans, cinamon, wine & seasoning. Cook 10minutes, 100degrees, , speed 2
Pour into thermoserver when done & make white sauce
Place all ingredients into and cook 8mins, 90degrees, speed 4
Arrange half baked eggplant slices in the base of a lasagne tray
Top with half bean mixture
Top with half white sauce
Repeat layers, finishing with white sauce.
Sprinkle over remaining cheese
Bake in oven 190deg for approx 1 hour or until golden and bubbly
Assembly & Cooking
This recipe is adapted from Weight Watchers Book Quick Family Meals
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Mild Capsicum Soup
- Zucchini and Lettuce Soup
- Vegan Moussaka
- Quick & Versatile Vegetable Fritters with Yoghurt Dressing
- Sweet Potato Congee
- Stir Fry Veggies
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Slow-cook turmeric paste for lamb
- Caramel slice (no bake filling from scratch in Thermomix)
- Dad's Pancakes
- Cinnamon crumble cake
- Honeycomb ice cream
- Oscars banana smoothie ....
- Avocado latte
- Bacon Fried Cabbage
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Light rye bread
- No Bake Fudge Brownie - Paleo, GF, Sugar Free, Grain Free
- Healthy Low Fat Banana Bread