- 1 large eggplant, sliced
- olive oil, for basting
- 20 gram olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 420 grams Tinned Diced Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon tomato puree or tomato paste
- 1 tin kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 50 grams red wine
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 40 grams Corn Flour
- 120 grams Cheddar cheese, reserved from grating
- 600 grams Milk
- 150-200 gram Cheddar, Grated. 120g used in White Sauce
1h 30minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Grate 150g-200g cheddar cheese 10secs Speed 9.
Set cheese aside - reserving approx 120g from cheese sauce & 80g to sprinkle over moussaka when baking
Place sliced eggplant on baking tray lined with bakers paper.
Brush both sides with oil
Bake in 190deg oven for approx 20minutes or until golden
Place garlic & onion in TM Bowl. Chop 3sec speed 7
Add diced red capsicum & oil. Saute 3minutes Varoma Speed 1
Add tomatoes, tomato puree, beans, cinamon, wine & seasoning. Cook 10minutes, 100degrees, , speed 2
Pour into thermoserver when done & make white sauce
Place all ingredients into and cook 8mins, 90degrees, speed 4
Arrange half baked eggplant slices in the base of a lasagne tray
Top with half bean mixture
Top with half white sauce
Repeat layers, finishing with white sauce.
Sprinkle over remaining cheese
Bake in oven 190deg for approx 1 hour or until golden and bubbly
Assembly & Cooking
This recipe is adapted from Weight Watchers Book Quick Family Meals
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paneer Masala In Tomato Curry
- Sweet potato and chickpea curry
- Kale, spinach and feta pie
- Vegetable Sri Lankan Curry Recipe
- Sweet potato, pea and corn fritters (GF, egg free variations)
- Mushroom, Kale and Barley Pilaf
- Black Bean burgers
- Veg Thai Green Curry Recipe
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Veg biryani
- Quick carrot dhal