- 260 g Vital wheat gluten flour
- 60 g nutritional yeast, (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, ground
- 2 teaspoon cumin seed, ground
- 1 level tsp cracked pepper
- 30 g canola oil
- 60 g Apple cider vinegar (not double strength)
- 120 g tomato paste
- 1 tablespoons Vegetable stock paste
- 120 g water
Recipe is created for
- Measure all ingredients into bowl "Closed lid"
- Blend 20s sp 5 until just combined. Dont over blend. It should be still barely brought together.
- heat a frypan on med with a few tbsp oil
- Pull out the dough in parts, and snip crumble sized pieces off with kitchen scissors (or by hand) straight into the pan
- fry and toss for 10 minutes, or until brown and crispy in parts.
Accessories you need
This mince can be used in any recipe that sausage crumbles or mince is used as long as there isnt a long cooking time. It has a lovely taco style flavouring (leave out the cumin and coriander if you would like it more plain)
Nutritional Yeast is available in most health food stores, bulk food shops and online. It gives a savoury umami flavour. it is NOT brewers yeast or baking yeast. Neither is a suitable substitute.
Vital Wheat Gluten is available in many health food stores, bread making supply stores, bulk food shops and online. (It may be named Vital wheat gluten, gluten flour, pure gluten)
No other flour will work, the vwg is essential to this recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Kisir - Turkish Tabbouli
- Sweet & Sour (not Pork) Cauliflower
- Moroccan eggplant with cauliflower mash
- Beetroot Burgers
- Veggie Loaded Wholefood Pasta Sauce
- The Best Ever Vegan Vegetable Bake
- Onion fritters
- Creamy Coconut Sweet Potato & Chick Pea Curry
- Lemon & Tahini Dressing
- Variation Honey Mustard Chicken
- Terri's Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup
- Paleo Spiced Almond and Date Hot Chocolate (Vegan, GF)
- BOOBIE BISCUIT
- Apple Crumble Pie
- Banana Cream Brûlée’s
- Gluten Free Sourdough Bread
- Lychee Apple Dream Cocktail
- Pineapple Cheesecake Jars
- Nanna's Vegetable Soup
- Biscoff Knafeh Tarts