- 260 g Vital wheat gluten flour
- 60 g nutritional yeast, (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, ground
- 2 teaspoon cumin seed, ground
- 1 level tsp cracked pepper
- 30 g canola oil
- 60 g Apple cider vinegar (not double strength)
- 120 g tomato paste
- 1 tablespoons Vegetable stock paste
- 120 g water
Recipe is created for
- Measure all ingredients into bowl "Closed lid"
- Blend 20s sp 5 until just combined. Dont over blend. It should be still barely brought together.
- heat a frypan on med with a few tbsp oil
- Pull out the dough in parts, and snip crumble sized pieces off with kitchen scissors (or by hand) straight into the pan
- fry and toss for 10 minutes, or until brown and crispy in parts.
Accessories you need
This mince can be used in any recipe that sausage crumbles or mince is used as long as there isnt a long cooking time. It has a lovely taco style flavouring (leave out the cumin and coriander if you would like it more plain)
Nutritional Yeast is available in most health food stores, bulk food shops and online. It gives a savoury umami flavour. it is NOT brewers yeast or baking yeast. Neither is a suitable substitute.
Vital Wheat Gluten is available in many health food stores, bread making supply stores, bulk food shops and online. (It may be named Vital wheat gluten, gluten flour, pure gluten)
No other flour will work, the vwg is essential to this recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Summer Risotto
- Perfect Chinese Noodles
- Mexican corn fritters
- Curry Eggs
- Sweet potato and feta rolls
- Macaroni broccoli cheese bake
- Easy vegetable square
- Donna Hay Cauliflower Mac n Cheese
- Corn and zucchini fritters
- Spiced potatoes and Peas
- Ratatouille no eggplant
- ThermoGen’s Corn and Zucchini Fritters
- Happy cooks Malva pudding
- Risotto with Chicken and Baby Leaf Spinach
- Light Masala Tea
- Apple Almond Tart
- GlazBro Silverside
- Cheesy sour cream and chives crackers
- Apple Pie Porridge
- No-Fuss Dumpling Noodle Soup
- Mulled wine
- Bec's Table 1 hour Hot Cross Buns
- Quick Preserved Lemon (to use today)
- Liver Rescue Broth