- 1 quantity of shortcrust pastry from Every Day Cookbook
- 25 grams olive oil
- 180 grams leeks, washed well, trimmed and finely sliced
- 250 grams silverbeet, washed and finely shredded (remove any very thick white stems)
- 90 grams Gruyere cheese cut into 2cm square cubes
- 150 grams cream
- 150 grams Milk
- 2 eggs
Grease a 23 cm fluted pastry tin (with removable base optional)
To make pastry refer to Every Day Cook book
Wrap the pastry in greaseproof paper or glad wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
Preheat oven to 200 degrees C
Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and line a 23 cm flan tin. Prick the base with a fork and allow to chill for 30 minutes
Line the flan case with baking paper and baking beans and bake blind for 20 minutes or until set, removing the paper and beans for the last 5 minutes. Lower the temp to 180 degrees C
Meanwhile prepare the filling.
Place leeks and oil in TM bowl and cook for 10 minutes, Varoma temperature, reverse, speed 1.
Add silverbeet and cook for 5 minutes, 100 degrees, reverse, speed 1
Arrange the filling in the pastry shell
In a clean TM bowl, grate cheese for 5 seconds on speed 8.
Add milk, cream and eggs and salt and pepper to taste and mix for 10 seconds on speed 5
Pour the cream mixture over the spinach and leek mixture.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until just set. Allow to stand for about 15 minutes before serving warm
Silverbeet, Leek and Gruyere Tart
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spinach Pie aka Spanakopita
- Thai Green Curry Recipe With Spring Vegetables:
- TVP Bolognese (Vegan)
- Pumpkin, spinach and ricotta lasagna
- Falafel (Eastern Sudan Variant)
- Mexican rice (e.g. for Tortillas), vegetarian
- Rich Vegan caramelised onion pasta
- Chickpea Curry
- Masala Oats
- Paneer Frankie Recipe
- Parsnip, Carrot and Chickpea Stew
- Parsnip, Carrot and Zucchini Frittata
- Parsnip, Bacon and Thyme Soup
- Orange and Raspberry Puddings
- Curried Parsnip Soup
- Silverbeet and Lamb Rogan Josh
- Banana and Pecan Cake
- Thai Chicken and Quinoa Patties
- Chicken and Vegetable Pasta Bake
- Salmon Fish Cakes
- Pork Hongroise
- Piquant Pork
- Variation Rice Pudding - recipe adapted to properly mix in the egg!
- Extreme Chocolate Cake
- Pineapple Rice Pudding
- Best & Easiest Mashed potato
- Jaffa Macarons
- Vanilla Custard Cake - Modified (from Bargain Mums)
- CRUMBLE CAKE WITH CUSTARD AND FRUIT (STREUSELKUCHEN)
- Moist & Light Chocolate Cupcakes with chocolate buttercream icing
- Banana and walnut muffins
- Chicken Fricassee (great with Smoked Chicken)