- 1 quantity of shortcrust pastry from Every Day Cookbook
- 25 grams olive oil
- 180 grams leeks, washed well, trimmed and finely sliced
- 250 grams silverbeet, washed and finely shredded (remove any very thick white stems)
- 90 grams Gruyere cheese cut into 2cm square cubes
- 150 grams cream
- 150 grams Milk
- 2 eggs
Grease a 23 cm fluted pastry tin (with removable base optional)
To make pastry refer to Every Day Cook book
Wrap the pastry in greaseproof paper or glad wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
Preheat oven to 200 degrees C
Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and line a 23 cm flan tin. Prick the base with a fork and allow to chill for 30 minutes
Line the flan case with baking paper and baking beans and bake blind for 20 minutes or until set, removing the paper and beans for the last 5 minutes. Lower the temp to 180 degrees C
Meanwhile prepare the filling.
Place leeks and oil in TM bowl and cook for 10 minutes, Varoma temperature, reverse, speed 1.
Add silverbeet and cook for 5 minutes, 100 degrees, reverse, speed 1
Arrange the filling in the pastry shell
In a clean TM bowl, grate cheese for 5 seconds on speed 8.
Add milk, cream and eggs and salt and pepper to taste and mix for 10 seconds on speed 5
Pour the cream mixture over the spinach and leek mixture.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until just set. Allow to stand for about 15 minutes before serving warm
Silverbeet, Leek and Gruyere Tart
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Variation Mexican beans
- Baked beans alkalise cleanse friendly
- ZUCCHINI AND CARROT FRITTERS – EGG FREE
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Janine's Spicy Popcorn Cauliflower - Thermie and Friends
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Zucchini and Haloumi Frittera with Yoghurt and Salsa
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Parsnip, Carrot and Chickpea Stew
- Parsnip, Carrot and Zucchini Frittata
- Parsnip, Bacon and Thyme Soup
- Orange and Raspberry Puddings
- Curried Parsnip Soup
- Silverbeet and Lamb Rogan Josh
- Banana and Pecan Cake
- Thai Chicken and Quinoa Patties
- Chicken and Vegetable Pasta Bake
- Salmon Fish Cakes
- Pork Hongroise
- Piquant Pork
- Satay Chicken
- Cob Loaf - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Spinach and Cheese Pie
- Tokyo Olympic Matcha Tea Pavlova
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Egg Free Caramel Custard - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- No Roll Scones - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Eggless Cupcakes - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Doughnut Bundt
- Beef Massaman Curry
- Egg Free Mini Quiches
- Egg Free Brioche