- 4 cups vegetables, e.g. carrots, cauliflower, brocolli, zucchini cut in chuncky size
- 2 potatoes cubed
- 50g green peas
- 1 tomato
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable stock paste
- 1/2 bunch coriander
- 50 g Shredded coconut
- 2 green chilies, Fresh chilies
- 1 small onion
- 1 centimetre fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1 small bunch coriander
- 300 ml water
- 1 tablespoon aniseed
- a small piece Cinnamon bark
- 6 cloves
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place all the ingredients in Masala into mixing bowl. Dry roast 6 minutes / varoma / speed 1. Let the spices cool down slightly then grind 1 minute / speed 9. Set aside.
2. Place all the ingredients for paste into mixing bowl and blend 1 minute / speed 9.
Without removing the paste, add all the remaining ingredients, except coriander, into mixing bowl and cook 20 minutes / 100 degree / "Counter-clockwise operation" / "Gentle stir setting" . MC on.
When there is one minute left in cooking time, remove MC and add masala powder.
Garnish with reserved coriander leaves. Serve with rice, roti, or paratha.
Accessories you need
Feel free to add more chilies if you like.
If you don't have shredded coconut, you can also use fresh or frozen grated coconut that can be bought from Indian grocery stores.
All spices used in the masala are whole spice.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Roast Pumpkin Pesto Pasta
- Chicken Parmies / Parmigiana
- Nannie’s Relish - thermi converted using tinned tomatoes
- Smoky Chipotle Venison Casserole
- NOT BUTTER CHICKEN
- Tomato Salsa Dip
- Noodles with Soya Bean Soup (Korean Kong Guk Su)
- Ira's Borsch (Beetroot Soup)
- Nonno's Sauce
- Chickpea Vegetable Coconut Curry
- Variation CAPSICUM & MUSHROOM GNOCCHI (ONE BOWL)
- Spicy Vodka Pasta