- 4 cloves garlic
- 240 g onion, quartered
- 1 piece Ginger approx 2cm x 1cm, skin intact
- 20 g olive oil
- 2 tsp Panch Phoron (optional), a mixture of cumin, fenugreek, fennel, black mustard and nigella (kalounji) seeds
- 120 g Spinach or silverbeet/chard, washed and for silverbeet/chard deveined
- 500 g water
- 200 g dried red lentils
- 160 g tomato passata
- 1/2 tsp each of Ground cumin, ground coriander, chilli powder, tumeric, salt & ground black pepper
1) Chop garlic, onion & ginger in TM bowl: 3 sec / speed 7.
2) Add oil and panch phoron and saute: 5 min / Varoma / speed 1. Reserve onion mixture.
3) Place washed spinach leaves in bowl & chop on Turbo for less than 1 sec.
4) Return onion mixture to TM bowl. Add remaining ingredients.
5) Cook until lentils are tender: 30 min / 100 degrees / "Counter-clockwise operation" / speed 1 with TM basket on top of lid.
Spiced Dahl with Spinach
Accessories you need
1) This recipe has been calorie counted for the 5:2 fast diet. It can be served on its own with no sides, or with low calorie sides like skim-milk youghurt, cauliflower rice and/or mini paddadums (cooked in microwave instead of oil).
281 calories per serve (279 calories without panch phoron).
2) On a non-fast day alternative sides include rice. This dish can also be 1 dish in an indian banquet.
3) Amount of chilli (and black pepper) can be reduced or increased to taste.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Veggie Fritters
- Vegan Dhal Tadka
- Vegan Dahl Makhani
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Mujadara
- Palak "Paneer" (with halloumi)
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Variation Mexican beans
- Baked beans alkalise cleanse friendly
- ZUCCHINI AND CARROT FRITTERS – EGG FREE
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Janine's Spicy Popcorn Cauliflower - Thermie and Friends
- Chai Masala Tea Cake
- Chai Masala & Chai Tea
- Chilli con Carne de Aves (Turkey or Chicken)
- Frangipani ( Almond ) Tart with Cherries
- Apple - A - Day Cake
- Satay Sauce with Quorn Chicken-Style Fillets &/or Vegetables
- Quorn Meat-Style Balls with Tomato Sauce [Suitable for 5:2]
- Vegetarian Chilli Con Carne (with optional Cauliflower Rice) [suitable for 5:2]
- Easiest Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Evaporated Milk
- Easiest Butter in the Thermomix
- Chocolate Custard (Pudding)
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Simple sausage rolls
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Veggie Fritters
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Pickled Beetroot
- My mum’s Mauritian Poutou
- All Green Stock Powder
- Peanut Satay Chicken