- 250 grams red lentils
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red onion, small
- 1 tsp curry mix, Sri Lankan dry roasted
- 1/2 tsp tumeric powder
- 20 grams oil
- 400 grams coconut cream
- 250 grams water
- 1 green chilli, fresh, split in middle
- 1 teaspoon salt flakes
Recipe is created for
Place red lentils into steaming basket and rinse under cold water.
Place onion and garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add curry mix, tumeric and oil and saute 2 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add lentils, split green chilly, coconut cream and water to TM bowl cook 15 min 100c, speed 1.
Add salt and mix to incorporate 10 sec/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 1.
Sri Lankan Dhal (Red Lentils)
Accessories you need
Do not add salt till lentils are cooked. Serve with rice and vegetables of your choice.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Veggie Fritters
- Vegan Dhal Tadka
- Vegan Dahl Makhani
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Mujadara
- Palak "Paneer" (with halloumi)
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Variation Mexican beans
- Baked beans alkalise cleanse friendly
- ZUCCHINI AND CARROT FRITTERS – EGG FREE
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /